Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200494
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and
decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
This planning position is seeking a creative and flexible individual to assist with the Planning activities for the Systems Manufacturing lines in swing shift (~2 pm to 10 pm). The Associate Planner will work with manufacturing and warehouse personal to support WIP cell level activities such as Kanban control re-sizing, line balancing efforts, address inefficiencies in the material replenishment process and assist in the development of daily production builds plans that meet customer demand. This individual will be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of ERP, MRP, MPS, inventory management, capacity planning, and production scheduling. This individual will own sustaining production cell and prepare and execute to the plan for the same.
• Position is to support production planning activities for swing shift (~2pm to 10pm)
• Manage different manufacturing cells from production planning point of view, map demand and supply and ECOs
• Expedites operations or raw materials in support of production schedule objectives.
• Sustain standard work for planning and inventory control programs.
• Assist planners on a number of ECO implementation activities. Material Phase out, traveler revisions, and EFT changes resulting from Engineering Change Orders (ECOs).
• Resolve work order variances, and determine/track root cause. Work with Cost Accounting for month end close.
• Adhere to all manufacturing operating policies, guidelines and procedures. Comply with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
• Present Production Planning reporting for daily production meetings.
• Confers with Sr. department members to determine status of assigned project action items.
• College Degree or Bachelor degree preferred
• Minimum 3-4 year of experience in a manufacturing environment, specifically within the manufacturing or planning organizations.
• Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and MRP systems. SAP and Agile experience preferred.
• Previous work experience in a medical manufacturing environment is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills, attention to detail
• Flexible: adaptable and able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; able to work additional hours when required.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.