Primary Location: Switzerland-Vaud-Aubonne-Switzerland-Aubonne
Requisition ID: 200473
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
This position will lead and implement strategic and tactical marketing programs for Europe and develop European surgeon champion to support and drive adoption and growth of da VinciÒ Colorectal surgical procedures.
The primary function of this position is to be able to execute on the following global marketing standards at a European level:
- Understand your market – Open/MIS rate, National/European outcomes, surgeon/patient/hospital segments, reimbursement levels, incumbent surgical techniques and KOLs etc.
Maintain alignment on target procedures/products – Help define what is being driven and why within commercial org and keep all teams focused on this “commercial strategy”.
Build Value Props Stories, Tools, Events and Engage 3Ps (Physician, Patient, Provider) with them - targeted in the right sequence
Develop Speaker/ Teacher/ CaseObs/ Executive KOLs – with strong technique, outcomes and use of advanced technology
Quantify the impact (QTI) – clinical, economic, strategic evidence - of key da Vinci surgeons/hospitals as references
Align with relevant Surgical and Executive societies on da Vinci surgery to ensure support and partnership
Roles and Responsibilities:
Understand your market:
- Analyze European Colorectal market dynamics to establish clear procedures adoption drivers and barriers.
- Working with the Marketing director General Surgery, develop and execute European marketing strategies and tactics with a focus on Colorectal Surgery. This will include detailed market activities to be implemented in a defined timeline and budget
Maintain alignment on target procedures/products
- Align frequently with market/country marketing and sales leadership on European procedure priorities, initiatives and tactics
- Develop and implement with training a structured and standardize colorectal training pathway that enable surgeon to sustainability in each procedure indications
- Work closely with clinical affairs to develop and implement publication strategies that will support procedure adoption goals
- Work closely as needed with European product marketing teams to define marketing promotion and product requirements for new products needed to further enable key colorectal procedures and drive adoption
Build Value Props Stories, Tools, Events and Engage 3Ps
- Partner with market/global marketing, sales and training department to identify and support the development of sales reps—to include creating content for European company meetings
- Deliver European clinical & capital marketing and sales tools to achieve short and long-term goals for procedures /sales quotas, products and system sales
Develop Speaker/ Teacher/ CaseObs/ Executive KOLs
- Partner with key surgeon champions (KOLs) to develop and implement leading robotic clinical education programs and symposia to drive competency and utilization of da Vinci Surgery
- Working with country marketing, develop proctors and course hosts based on surgical, clinical and teaching expertise to implement safe and effective reproducible surgical techniques with improve clinical outcomes
Quantify the impact (QTI) – clinical, economic, strategic evidence
- Work closely with national and global Market Access team to assist in development and execution of cost effectiveness/ value strategies in key markets
- Validate Clinical and Economical data with case observation centers and surgeon champions
Align with relevant Surgical and Executive societies
- Develop and implement Intuitive’s presence at European conferences, including robotics symposia, post graduate (PG) courses, live surgical broadcasts and tradeshow booth promotion
- Develop and execute European society collaboration initiatives in training and education
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in life science or business discipline
6+ years of experience including 3 years of Clinical/Product marketing experience in a therapeutic medical device company, Colorectal or General Surgery preferred
Strong Clinical, Surgical and/or Operating Theatre (Room) experience desired
Language (spoken and written): fluent in English, fluent in German and/or French; conversant in both
Proven ability to effectively position procedure/product messages and develop strong sales support to drive desired adoption
Demonstrated success in building clinical education and marketing programs to drive product/procedure growth
Superior verbal/written communication, teamwork, and interpersonal work across multiple constituents.
Self-starter with ability to work independently
A keen ability to manage projects, keeping to budget, organizing, prioritizing and coping with multiple tasks
Strong knowledge of the MS Office product suite
Ability to travel 60%. International travel required
The job holder could be based in Switzerland or any Intuitive direct market countries (France, Germany, Benelux, Nordics or UK)