Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200447
Position is responsible for supply chain performance and development to sustain the manufacture and servicing of minimally invasive robotic surgical products. Position has immediate oversight to Service Logistics Planning, Production Control, Material Handling, and OEM Repair. Specific focus areas include Service Logistics Planning, OEM Repair, compliance to financial and regulatory controls, operation alignment to FRU availability in the Service Network, Forecasts, supplier capacity planning, inventory strategy and management, and execution of operational priorities and plans as related to Service Supply Chain and Planning.
- Select, manage, and develop functional managers and supporting staff to meet current and future business requirements across a broad range of supply chain related disciplines.
- Develop, build consensus for and execute strategic sourcing decisions to benefit the company 3+ years in the future. Includes creation of supply chain strategies with Product Support and Field Engineering teams for new products.
- Continuously improve product cost, quality, delivery and service levels
- Drives optimization of inventory performance to balance Company investment with production service level requirements.
- Ensures supply chain processes and functions to comply with designated financial and regulatory control requirements (includes Frank-Dodd Act (conflict minerals), small business administration (SBA), Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Food and Drug Administration and California Food and Drug Board)
- Represents supply chain function and supports compliance efforts as part of third party inspections or internal audits
- Engages with cross-functional teams to routinely evaluate existing suppliers based on performance and risk, new suppliers for capability and business fit.
- Develops and maintains department operating procedures and business systems to maintain compliance and future scalability to meet long term Company needs.
- Oversees factory scheduling operations inclusive of: sales forecast/demand alignment to master production schedule (MPS), adherence to financial controls and business systems to support scheduling operations and analytics.
- Develops, communicates and drives execution of goals to meet operational priorities and plans as related to supply chain operations
- Deploys and oversees supply chain risk management practices to ensure that business interruption, supplier capacity and capability risks are minimized. Identifies and creates business justifications for where Company investment is required to mitigate business risk for single and sole source suppliers.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of current systems and processes
- Create and negotiate Supplier contracts to achieve the best cost, quality and delivery possible.
- Oversees supplier forecasting process to ensure short and long term visibility is available for supply chain capacity and delivery planning
- BS degree or equivalent or 10+ years of combined education and work experience in mixed volume manufacturing environments with high product complexity.
- 5+ years management experience with medium to large size medical device manufacturing organization.
- Highly proficient in MS Office products and ERP systems, preferably SAP and Agile.
- Working knowledge of material pull systems and other lean based material handling principles.
- Detailed understanding of material planning, factory scheduling and supply planning.
- Sets model for precision and thoroughness in all forms of communications.
- Strong capability in building consensus across varying functions and clarifying alignment toward designated business strategies
- Proven ability to lead a high performance team to consistently achieve stretch goals and objectives.
- Ability to direct and develop employees to have a commitment to high standards of quality and performance. Successful track record with retaining key, high potential staff and recruiting new talent to scale with business demands.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to make effective presentations to peers and suppliers
- Ability to recognize potential team issues, proposed solutions and gains commitment of team and other peer managers.
- Proven experience and track record regarding supplier and inventory management across multiple manufacturing platforms, process improvement of complex logistics, negotiations and contract development.