Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200444
This Senior Financial Analyst position plays a critical role in achieving our overall objective of delivering best-in-class business partner support and analysis. The Corporate Operations FP&A team provide the Corporate Operations functions with critical information and analysis to enable business partners to allocate company resources in the most effective manner possible. The members of the Corporate Operations FP&A team are closely integrated in our business partners’ operations as a way to ensure they can provide the most valuable insights possible. This is therefore a highly visible role that frequently interacts with executive management as part of setting budgets, forecasting, and reporting on actuals and the many interesting facility related projects we are working on.
This role offers a great opportunity to work closely with the company’s IT department. This role will allow you to work with a small, agile, and high performing finance department to develop a broad and deep understanding of the Company’s business and operations that are essential for strong career development.
At Intuitive Surgical, you will share in a commitment to excellence by partnering with world-class Managers and Executive Leadership. Finance is about “fueling innovation.” We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, teamwork, excellence, and proactive thinking.
We are looking for leaders that can take on additional responsibility as they progress in their career and we are committed to providing an environment that foster career growth and development. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of our interesting journey in the world of robotic-assisted surgery, this is the role for you.
The Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Operations role is responsible for providing analytical support and financial oversight to our IT team and executive management as they make important strategic and tactical decisions about our ongoing operations and future projects. Such responsibilities will include operating forecasting processes, perform budget versus actual analysis, support close and management reporting activities, ensure we strong project management processes within our business operations to collect the data needed for decision making, and perform ad hoc analysis relating to projects as they arise.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide business partner support to the VP of Global IT and his team.
- Develop and coordinate detailed departmental budgets and monthly forecasts using Hyperion Planning, Essbase, and Excel.
- Monitor trends and key metrics, including spending, headcount, and vendor investment against plan/forecast assumptions.
- Ensure monthly financial results are stated accurately and in accordance with GAAP. This includes preparation and posting of journal entries.
- Ensure adequate internal controls are in place and Company accounting policies are adhered to.
- Review and approve capital and expense requisitions; highlighting items which are outside of budget parameters.
- Prepare monthly budgets versus actuals cost analysis for presentation to executive management.
- Develop and report key business metrics & provide trend analysis.
- Generate ideas for process improvements and implement changes in processes as necessary.
- Collaborate with IT and Corporate FP&A to develop tools and reports that drive efficiency and deliver results.
- Month-end accounting close, including accrual JV’s and balance sheet reconciliations.
- 3-6 years of relevant finance or accounting experience involving budgeting, forecasting, analysis, and project management.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills, with the ability to resolve conflict, drive consensus, and reach conclusions.
- Ability to succinctly and accurately present findings to management and executive leadership.
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment.
- High level of integrity and commitment to excellence.
- Strong analytical skills and high capacity for growth and the ability to change along with the Company.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, as well as experience building financial models involving complex formulas and large data sets is a plus.
- Experience with financial systems such as SAP (ERP), Hyperion and Tableau is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field.
- MBA and/or CPA are a plus.