Primary Location: Germany-Baden-Württemberg-Emmendingen
Requisition ID: 200428
The primary function of the PMC Technician is to assess failure modes of semi-automated and automated test equipment, complete on-site preventive maintenance of equipment through-out ISI facilities, perform equipment calibration, and coordinate the calibration of equipment utilizing outside services.
The PMC Technician works independently to implement Intuitive's PMC program. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Performs on-site preventive maintenance & calibration activities
- Schedules 3rd party vendors to perform maintenance & calibration activities as applicable.
- Performs assessment and supports troubleshooting of ISI equipment not performing per equipment specifications.
- Manages Equipment Events (EEs) in SAP, ensuring satisfactory and immediate response to repair and/or escalate.
- Maintains PMC database and generates monthly PM and Calibration reports.
- Issues asset numbers for new or duplicate tooling & fixtures.
- Maintains calibration certificates and user manuals.
- Assists and/or performs Initial / Operational qualification and validation activities on Equipment Fixtures and Tooling
- Responsible for ECO implementation in regards to fixtures and tooling (i.e. taking obsolete fixtures out of service)
- Develops and maintains spare parts inventory
- Develops and maintains replicate fixture/tooling list
- Maintains appropriate documentation and records of PMC activities
- Performs any other projects or duties that may be assigned
- Electricians, mechatronics engineers, measurement and control technicians, and comparable training
- At least 2+ years of professional experience in manufacturing; ideally experience in regulated areas
- Proficient in SAP PMC Module (establishment of Work Orders, notification, Activation & Inactivation, and Results recording)
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving anomalies in Equipment, Fixtures, and Tooling
- Understanding of Quality Control, Inspection, Metrology, PMC, and GMP
- Comfortable with all phases of the product development process, including prototype assembly, test, debug, transfer, and sustaining
- Planning and organisational skills;communication skills
- ability to work in a team
- Experience with measurement tools: dial calipers, micrometers, force gauges, Instron and other materials testing equipment
- Working knowledge of electronics and mechanical concepts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- good communication and documentation skills in German and English