Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200402
We are seeking a Senior Imaging Software Engineer to join the Vision APD group at Intuitive Surgical. The Senior Imaging Software Engineer will work on products that help us invent the future of imaging-based intelligent robotic surgery.
The Advanced Product Development Vision team is focused on current and novel imaging modes, including next generation fluorescence enhancements, to give surgeons an improved visual experience while performing minimally invasive procedures.
The successful candidate will have a strong software development and integration skills and will have opportunities to work on state-of-the-art products and technologies within the da Vinci® platforms.
More specifically, this engineer will be crucial in contributing to the improvement of current imaging offerings by developing novel tools and integrating them into existing modules.
This individual must posess a strong ability to work in teams as well as a strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward.
- Develop software tools to enhance the usability and performance of our image-guided surgery system.
- Create software tools to facilitate the debugging and development of new products.
- Write scripts to automate and streamline the workflows and processes around product development.
- Develop real-time image processing algorithms for endoscopic imaging and vision R&D programs.
- Contribute to continuous integration infrastructures for product development, testing, and build and release.
- Generate technical documentation on software (design document, user guides).
- Perform characterization of commercial or custom image sensors including the setup and use of photonics test equipment as needed
- Design, prepare and manage prototypes, test protocols and reports
- Evaluate new technologies related to endoscopic image processing
- Collaborate with other engineers, external consultants and design firms to assist in debugging and optimizing system performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, with a minimum of eight (8) years of industry experience or a Master’s degree with a minimum of six (6) years of industry experience.
- Imaging systems engineer: experience in imaging and processing
- Experienced in building and calibrating prototype setups, including software necessary to test and verify results
- Experienced in fluorescence imaging
- Hands-on software development skills in C and C++ is must have.
- Experience with MATLAB is a must
- Comfortable with research endeavors and changing designs based on results
- Experience with Linux is required (cross-platform experience is a plus).
- Experience with user interface (GUI) toolkit is a plus.
- Understanding of modern software design methodologies (OOP, design patterns) is a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration/test infrastructure is a plus.
- Experience with CUDA is a plus.
- Person that will be comfortable in clinical setting and research labs is a plus
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.