Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200355
The da Vinci system pushes the frontier of human-machine interaction by fusing many technologies into a core product experience – technologies such as 3D immersive vision, real-time haptic interface, and robotic manipulators. The Director, Interaction Design, leads a team that works collaboratively with design, engineering, and human factors teams to define and implement a consistent and high-quality user experience for the da Vinci product line, including robotic systems, instruments, and accessories.
As a UX leader, you will envision, define, and drive the future of Intuitive design through the work you lead. You identify and set product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems, and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible for compelling user experiences that deliver actual user value. You are a compassionate and effective leader and manager of groups, and you drive execution excellence through your high-performing team.
- Manage a team of product designers.
Maintain superior standards and methods in the development of the user experience for new products.
- Participate in early ideation and prototyping of product concepts.
Explore new methods and tools for prototyping and testing product concepts. Conceptualize and illustrate product solutions with working physical and digital prototypes.
- Co-lead the implementation and execution of product user experience.
Manage the interaction engineering aspects of user experiences from the earliest phases of product development through to production and maintenance.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience managing a team within a design organization, with a focus on product design and development.
- Bachelor's degree in Product Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent work experience.
- Possess ability to partner strongly with design disciplines and bring superior technical competence to product delivery.
- Proven ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines and influence cross-functional teams. Strong project management, planning and change management skills.
- Strong people management abilities and ability to ensure team success (hiring, developing people, productivity).
- Strong verbal communication, presentation and written communication skills, including experience presenting to senior management, internal and external customers.
- Passion for delivering the best possible experience to the user.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.