Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200350
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and
decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive Surgical designs and manufactures highly complex surgical systems including cameras, instruments, and accessories for use in surgery. We are looking for an individual to manage projects associated with the development of these products.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This role is responsible for driving complex product development efforts from conception to manufacturing stability. Responsibilities include:
Qualifications• Driving a portfolio of product design projects• Ensure Design Control processes are followed per relevant procedures• Organize and lead phase gate review meetings• Creating and maintaining project schedules• Develop and monitor project budgets• Communicate status cross-functionally• Provide clear communication to the organization on project status, critical path, as well as potential areas of risk• Work closely with Product Development, Manufacturing, Marketing, Regulatory, and Quality organizations to ensure input and representation in the development process• Work closely with NPI counterparts to ensure prototypes, supplier and manufacturing activities are scheduled and tracked appropriately• Contributes to product prioritization decisions by providing data and analysis from current and past projects• Provides feedback to team members regarding performance and requirements.
• Strong communication and presentation skills
o Ability to communicate effectively with executive leadership on the project status
• Comfortable with all phases of the product development lifecycle including idea generation, concept development and testing, design, implementation, validation and transfer
• Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful with the ability to deal with conflict and drive to solution
• Proven ability to lead, influence and work well at all levels of an organization and in a cross functional team environment
o Ability to led a large number of people on a variety of programs
• Ability to handle ambiguity effectively and oversee multiple projects at once• Requires knowledge of engineering, product strategy and business management• Experience in analyzing tradeoffs between product features, customer needs/requirements, produce-ability and cost• Demonstrated ability to synthesize data, set actionable goals and drive metrics and execution• Minimum 12 years of experience involved in the development and commercialization of products• Medical device experience preferred• Experience with supervising people desired• Certification in project management (PMP) desired• BS or equivalent work experience in a scientific field preferred; business, finance or related field will be considered in conjunction with experience• Master’s degree preferred in a scientific or business area
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.