Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200296
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and
decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
This position is for a detail oriented and flexible individual who will lead the Sustaining Associate Planning team. The individual will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining department procedures. Manage streamline processes and implement continuous improvement objectives. This position is responsible for maximizing customer service levels while optimizing inventory investment. The Planning Supervisor works with the Production Control Manager to achieve the highest levels of service, actively contributing to critical business decisions related to staffing, demand load strategies, inventory control and finished goods levels.
• Responsible for staff management and development including; assigning and directing work, appraising performance (performance management), hiring, training, integrating and retention.Qualifications
• Oversee department objectives related to implementation of Engineering Change Orders, (ECO).
• Manages and ensures smooth transition from development to production. Ensures that new products and processes are properly developed for production readiness.
• Understand, educate and enforce compliance within the department to all applicable regulatory requirements. Corrective/preventative actions (CAPA/CPIP).
• Represent department during FDA inspections. Provide information to the FDA that establishes credibility and demonstrates compliance with operating procedures.
• Develop and manage the planning team to be focused on department goals and corporate goals. Displaying capability and urgency in addressing expedited requirements and reprioritization, demonstrating ownership and accountability at the individual staff member.
• Individual must be able to drive closure on difficult projects with limited support, influence others to make effective decisions, and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Establish and institutionalize standard work for planning, identify, define and engage staff and other cross functional resources in lean projects to identify ways to eliminate waste and drive sustained performance.
• Develop and maintain countermeasures to address root causes for products on backorder.
• Establish and institutionalize standard work for planning and inventory control programs.
• Develop and maintain department metrics, analyze results and identify trends. Drive team to appropriate corrective actions, when needed.
• Engage Manufacturing teams in the continuous improvement process to ensure projects are identified, prioritized and implemented in a timely and effective manner.
• Coach and counsel lean manufacturing behaviors.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a progressive manufacturing environment, 4 year degree preferred. APICS certification a plus.
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, (GMP) and previous work experience in a medical manufacturing environment is a plus.
• Experience supervising salaried employees.
• Significant computer experience including MS Office products and ERP systems, preferably SAP and Agile
• Proven track record of being an effective project manager in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing company.
• Thorough knowledge of and experience working with Kanban systems and other Lean manufacturing principles.
• Detailed working knowledge of buying, material planning, master scheduling and forecasting.
• Demonstrates attention to detail. Excellent communication skills.
• Proven ability to lead a team to consistently achieve stretch goals and objectives.
• Ability to provide positive direction by encouraging peers to have a commitment to high standards of quality and performance.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.
• Experience with low volume, high complexity capital equipment as well as high volume, low complexity products.
• Expert knowledge of business disciplines production planning and supply chain management.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.