Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200291
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and
decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
This position is seeking a creative, analytical and flexible individual to help lead Demand and Supply planning activities for Systems and Imaging Business Unit. Responsible for working with Product Marketing, Finance, Quality, Production Planning, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Manufacturing Engineers to obtain an optimal Demand and Supply Plan in order to meet the company’s objectives. Develop key planning initiatives and strategies to support the ongoing transformation and continuous improvement of systems and processes along with other projects to drive efficiency and scalability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Review and validate statistical forecasts for demand planning and Material/Capacity constrained build plans by gathering inputs from Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, and Manufacturing.
• Work with product marketing to understand impact of forecast changes and drivers of forecast change such as economic trends, competitive issues and trends, marketing plans, events and overrides, pricing and product strategies, sales plans and incentives, new product introductions and discontinuations.
• Review forecast accuracy metrics with product marketing and investigate root causes of forecast error and develops preventive/corrective measures
• Responsible for creating material buffers (ie Safety Stock) and loading MPS into MRP to drive component demand while ensuring SOX compliance
• Analyze Demand changes in order to assess the risk around the Demand Plan and the impact of the changes to the Supply Plan
• Responsible for creating charts/data for quarterly SIOP and monthly forecast reviews
• Develop constrained capacity and material build plan by working with cross functional teams to understand capacity assumptions such as line efficiencies, number of lines and shifts, headcount and material lead times/constraints in order to develop constrained capacity and material build plan
• Monitor metrics daily to identify potential supply risk and inventory exposures by aligning supply chain and manufacturing milestones against safety stock and/or forecast are supported in the correct plants
• Ability to think through different Demand and Supply scenario planning and understand the impact to inventory projections and E&O exposure.
• Subject Matter Expert to improve, initiate and drive process and system improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the forecasting process
• Mentor team members and product marketing around demand and supply and lead changes throughout the organization
• Strong written and verbal communications skills, presentations skills, and ability to interact at all levels of the organization
• Ability to develop and maintain business partnerships with cross functional departments at all levels, including resolving conflicts, anticipating customer needs, and prioritizing workload and schedules from multiple projects
• Ability to use analytical and quantitative skills, and statistical techniques to solve complex Supply Chain issues; Demonstrated attention to detail, precision and thoroughness.
• Ability to manage multiple initiatives and work in a matrix environment where priorities change rapidly and tight deadlines exist
• Experience with O9/Demantra, Advanced Planning Systems highly desirable.
• Experience with ERP systems (preferably SAP), Business Intelligence applications and MS Office products, Tableau, EDW and Agile. Strong skillsets in Excel is a must.
• Bachelor/Master’s degree in a related field, or equivalent education and experience.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in demand and supply chain
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.