Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200236
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Material Handler 1 is an entry-level position responsible for basic material-handling duties in support of Production operations, both Sustaining and NPI, and other internal customers. To be eligible, a Material Handler must be capable of completing the Roles and Responsibilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position will fulfill the following roles:
• Receiving: Receiving materials, physically and systemically, to be used in production operations and engineering projects.• Parts Put-away: Physically and systemically moving approved Production materials from IQC staging areas into SMKT storage locations. (Totes and Bulk)• Supermarket (SMKT)
o Parts Replenishment: Point-of-use parts replenishment for designated production lines.o MT: Fulfilling and transacting MT requests, received either electronically or via hard copy.o Sales Order Fulfillment: Fulfilling and transacting Sales Orders and Service Transfer Orders.
• SPP Kitting: Production parts replenishment via SPP kitting.• Pack Out: Packing System carts, FRUs and kits.
Material Handler I will be responsible for the following:
Qualifications• Responsible for complying with general Good Warehouse Practices (GWP) and Warehouse housekeeping processes.• Communicating verbally and via email the status of material movements and transactions to appropriate internal customers.
Competency Requirements: (competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.)
• Possess high school degree or GED.
• Minimum 1-year of experience in Material Handling operations preferred.
• Experience and/or certification in operating material-handling equipment preferred.
• Ability to lift material up to 50 lbs.
• Extensive walking and repetitive physical motion (squatting, bending, lifting, climbing ladders) is required.
• Ability to adhere to attendance, safety, quality, and performance guidelines.
• Experience with computer systems (MS Office, SAP, Agile, WMS) is preferred.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.