Primary Location: Netherlands-North Holland-Amsterdam-Netherlands
Requisition ID: 200217
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Senior Logistics Compliance Specialist collaborates with Global Trade Compliance to establish compliant logistics policies and procedures to ensure import and export transactions are executed in accordance with regulatory requirements. This position will collaborate with local staff and must have excellent communication, problem-solving skills and be able to effectively communicate with senior management as well as transaction level associates. Provide import and export compliance support to EMEIA logistics.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee activities relating to import and export documentation and regulations associated with both Direct and Distribution markets. Areas of responsibility include: import and export declaration filing accuracy; import and export recordkeeping; process development and maintenance.
- Establish departmental and operational KPIs
- Ensure Power of Attorney is current and available for import and export service providers
- Develop and maintain SOPs with import and export service providers
- Collaborate with Global Trade Compliance to evaluate and implement regulatory changes that impact logistic compliance operations
- Support on-going maintenance of Europe Import and Export Compliance Manuals
- Provide certification requirements and training for Shipping associates with international logistics involvement
- Escalation point of contact to ensure all Intuitive Surgical Europe imports and exports are transacted in accordance to Europe Regulations.
- Freight Forwarder management: Ensure Import and Export Declaration filing on time, and accurate, KPIs, and service provider compliance scorecard
- Ensure product classification and other trade data available with Custom Brokers, periodic audit entry packages for accuracy, and ensure adhering to record retention policy.
- Ensure that company procedures including SOX, Customs and FDA requirements are understood and adhered to.
- Implement short-term problem containment and long-term corrective actions for distribution and customs issues.
- Develop continuous improvement of current systems and processes.
Identify gaps within the department and develop plans to close as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Candidates for this position need a bachelor’s degree in logistics, business or operations management along with 5+ years of related international trade experience. An MBA is desirable
- Extensive experience of international shipping documentation.
- Working knowledge of HS and ECCN classification
- Broad knowledge of import/export EMEIA regulations
- Comprehensive experience managing Customs Brokers
- Experience with Carnet Preparation
- Extensive knowledge of INCOTERMS
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods transportation regulation such as DOT and IATA is desirable
- Detailed understanding of material movement in a manufacturing environment, including; import and export requirements, regulatory guidelines, high volume package shipments and low volume freight shipments.
- Significant computer experience including MS Office products and ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- Proven track record of being an effective achiever in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing or distribution company.
- Demonstrates concern for precision and thoroughness.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent at least in English and other European language. Excellent knowledge of a third European language is an asset.
- Located in Amsterdam, Netherlands