Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200103
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary function of position:
The Digital Design and Vision NPD (New Product Development) team consists of a dynamic group of individuals that can take designs from “cradle to grave”; from design concept and carry through to production. Projects vary widely, from large compute platform board designs to complex and compact vision systems.
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer to design, implement, integrate, test and sustain Vision products for Intuitive Surgical’s single-port and multi-port systems. Specifically, we need an individual that can spearhead Endoscope projects to help Intuitive Surgical maintain best in class 3D HD endoscopic vision in the operating room. This will provide surgeons with the best possible experience and contribute to better outcomes and shorter hospital stays for patients.
Projects may pertain to image sensors, video transmission, video acquisition, and exposure to video processing. As a medical device company, some of these systems must be designed to withstand various sterilization techniques. This position is cross-functional in nature, interacting with many teams, including Mechanical, Firmware, Software, NPI (New Product Introduction), and Manufacturing. The candidate should be comfortable with board design, system design, good documentation practices, and working in a cross functional team.
• Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
• 5+ years design experience (medical device company preferred)
• Knowledge of Digital logic design and transmission line theory
• Design for Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
• Must have experience in PCA/B (Printed Circuit Assembly/Board) design
• Schematic capture experience a must (OrCAD preferred); PCB layout experience desired (Allegro preferred)
• Benchtop/lab work, troubleshooting, and debug experience
• Experience in SolidWorks desired, but not required
• Experience in Verilog and FPGA design desired, but not required
• Ability to work well in a team environment and multi-task
• Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral) with the team
• Self-starter, high motivated, insatiable curiosity, and willingness to learn
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.