Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200078
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
If you exemplify our values and want to be part of Company that is really passionate about providing value for the patients and customers we serve, this is the role for you.
The Sr Analyst, Finance Applications is responsible for the development of information technology systems and solutions which enable the advancement of the Finance business area. The job requires the analyst to work closely with finance users in developing IT solutions and implementing them timely and cost effectively.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Model, analyze, design, develop, test, deploy, monitor and continuously improve business processes and applications in the Finance area.
• Work with management to develop business requirements and long-term plans for the deployment of IT solutions for the Finance business area
• Participate in projects, internal teams or taskforces as assigned by the Manager, Finance Applications and provide deep cross functional & financial design leadership to projects and other team members
• Lead cross-functional meetings as part of requirements gathering, driving projects or providing status updates on various projects
• Design, implement and support state of the art solutions in SAP FI / CO and Lease accounting modules, or using other equivalent tools / applications without adding unnecessary complexity to solutions or application landscape
• Design, implement and support Revenue Allocation and Recognition functionality per US GAAP and ASC standards (including but not limited to 605 and 606 standards) without adding unnecessary complexity to solutions or application landscape
• Provide production support for existing financial applications ensuring responsiveness to customer requests and quality of work
• Collaborate, coach and mentor business and applications teams located across the globe and in the various time zones.
• Assist the Manager, Finance Applications in documenting, implementing and adhering to standards, internal controls and processes for the Applications team (including Project Management Office standards and processes)
• Ensure internal controls are followed and report exceptions immediately
• Remain at the forefront of industry practices and application development
The Sr Analyst will work on business enhancements and projects in all systems used by the Finance function. These include, but are not limited to SAP, BPC, Ariba, iValua, Audit Board, Bank Interfaces and Hyperion.
Competency Requirements: (Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.) In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must:
• At least 8-12 years of experience designing, implementing and supporting business applications for Finance requirements.
• Ability to influence business teams in the design of system solutions to business problems.
• Experience with SAP Finance solutions required.
• Successful track record in working on cross-functional, cross-team projects.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong analytical skills, and ability to deal with ambiguity in a rapidly changing business environment.
• B.S. in Computer Science or related area.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.