Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200064
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The person in this position will be expected to work with a small team to develop customer-facing surgical planning software of a new surgical system which targets one of the most deadly diseases. Successful candidates will have extensive experience in general software design and development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Participating in the full cycle of the development of customer-facing surgical planning software, including user requirement collection, design, development, testing and iterations
• Designing and maintaining the architecture of the software system and sub-systems
• Integration and performance optimization of the software system
• Developing components of the software system
• Owning the software development processes and tools of the team
• Supporting the development of medical image analysis algorithms and visualization
• Generating formal design documentation
• A passion for working to directly improve the lives of hundreds of thousands of people• A passion for software design and coding to solve real world problems• BS or MS degree in CS, EE, BME or related fields with 3+ years’ experience in software development• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and teamwork spirit• Excellent software system design and construction skills• Superb problem solving abilities in complex systems• Flexibility in contributing to the project and determination to drive tasks to solution• Extensive experience with C++, OOP design, data structures, design patterns, and algorithms• Extensive experience with software development tools, processes and industry best practices• Experience with building interactive GUIs in QT/QML, and graphical rendering is a plus• Experience in medical image software infrastructure, I/O, manipulation, and visualization is a plus• Experience in DICOM/PACS, database, cloud computing and mobile app is a plus• Experience in Linux operating system, networking and network security is a plus• Experience with software development in a regulated environment is a plus• Knowledge and/or experience in image analysis is a plus