Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200038
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
We are seeking a Sr Manager in the Program Management Office supporting new product development for medical devices to lead the Project Portfolio process. The successful candidate will be have a proven record of business success, implementing change management programs, and helping organizations focus on clear objectives. This candidate will be responsible for administration, optimization and adoption of portfolio management tools across Product Operations. The successful candidate will leverage Intuititve’s continuous improvement culture by interfacing with stakeholders, user groups across the company, outside vendors, and business leaders to ensure successful deployment and on-going execution of Portfolio Management process and tools. The ideal candidate has a strong and broad experience with new product development for medical devices or high technology products, enterprise tools, lean process development, and change management. The candidate will be a collaborative communicator able to lead and facilitate decision making, a solid relationship builder, is focused, able to identify the essential few projects that will drive success, and skilled at building engagement and adoption for new processes and tools in fast paced engineering organizations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Work with Director of PMOs for various Business Units to improve the portfolio management process across the company.
• Host/facilitate regular process execution cycles (monthly/quarterly/annual) for recurring activities in project resource and portfolio planning
• Help guide projects and programs to strategic objectives collaborating with and aligning Executives, Marketing, Engineering, Finance, and Operations
• Coordinate, facilitate, and communicate resource management plans, conflict resolutions, and project/program metrics
• Monitor and report portfolio status including milestones, rankings, and metrics to stakeholders, sponsors, and senior management.
• Supports Idea Management, Product Review Boards, Project Prioritization, & Strategy meetings
• Change management including rolling out new business processes in a large organization.
• Demonstrate value of the Portfolio Management process through presentations, reports, and dashboards supporting strategic business decision-making and project execution success.
• Ensure documentation for tools design, verification, and validation efforts to support process efficiency, robustness, and administration
• Work closely with IT teams to ensure compatibility and compliance of final process and tools with IT infrastructure.
• Develop and lead change management and adoption implementation including training activities
• Organizes and presents ideas in a convincing and compelling manner.
• Persuades and influences others with effective verbal and written communication.
• Understands the value of process-centric approach to business analysis and capability development.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 7+ years of previous related program management, strategic planning, or portfolio management experience desired, medical devices experience preferred
• Proven record of success delivering challenging projects
• Working knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma (LSS green or higher belt preferred)
• Working knowledge of PMI project management techniques and tools
• Familiar with multiple product delivery methods
• Strong experience with investments/projects outcome measurement
• Change management experience
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Passion for creating easy, robust, and reliable tools and processes
• Highly proficient in MS Office, Visio, and enterprise database tools
• Experience with CA PPM/Clarity and Tableau desirable
• Able to synthesize knowledge from large, diverse data sources
• Familiar with database technologies and tools
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.