Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200019
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Functions of Position:
This position will be a key technical staff member of Vision NPI Process Development Engineering team and will lead process development projects to support new product launch and manufacturing process improvement.
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
• Design and develop manufacturing processes, procedures and production flow and layouts
• Work closely with New Product Development Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Supplier Quality Engineering and other functions to resolve all technical issues to ensure successful transfer of product design to manufacturing and product release.
• Apply Robust Design / Design for Six Sigma principles in developing robust manufacturing processes for new product introduction from proof of concept through pre-pilot, pilot and to final production release
• Characterize existing processes, establish controls for critical parameters, improve process robustness and yield
• Lead and/or work in a cross functional team to resolve major technical issues
• BS degree in Engineering or related technical discipline, advanced degree preferred
• At least 7 years of experience in process development and improvement in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
• Solid Knowledge and extensive experiences with diverse manufacturing processes including adhesive process , soldering process and laser welding process
• Experiences in manufacturing fiber optic products a plus
• Strong project management and excellent team work skills with proven ability to work with a cross functional team and drive for timely project success
• Effective communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
• Strong problem solving and data analysis skills.
• Knowledge and experiences with various failure analysis techniques
• Knowledge and experiences with six sigma methodology highly desired
• Experiences with Agile or similar product lifecycle management tool preferred
• Experience in Medical Device Manufacturing (including GMP, MDD, ISO), familiarity with ISO 13485 a plus.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.