Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200015
Intuitive is the industry pioneer and leader in robotic-assisted surgical systems. Our da Vinci Surgical System is an advanced platform for minimally invasive surgery that has touched the lives of more than five million patients worldwide. Our system acts as a natural extension of a surgeon’s eyes and hands through a combination of cutting-edge robotics, immersive 3D stereoscopic vision, and intuitive human-interface controls, all driven by an advanced software platform. Over the past two decades, this revolutionary technology has brought about a new era in minimally invasive surgery. As we mark our 24th year, we are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join Instruments, Accessories and Endoscope Platform team in building our instrument, accessories and endoscope capabilities for future platforms.
Joining Intuitive means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Senior Product Marketer, da Vinci Instruments, Accessories and Endoscope Platform, is a newly developed role responsible for upstream marketing of Instruments, accessories, and endoscopes for future platform. This includes executing high-impact forward oriented projects to elevate the capabilities of all future platforms, working closely with customers to capture voice of customer and translate research and insights into user needs. Interface with cross-functional teams like, Product Design, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Clinical Development Engineering and Advanced Product Development to create product requirements and represent the customer through the Product Development Process (PDP), manage trade-offs and prepare the device for commercial launch. This role takes ownership in strategic planning, representing the voice of the customer to the organization, and acting as a leader in product development efforts.
Qualifications• Lead projects through the design process including developing market requirements, product requirements, and facilitating tradeoff discussions with design teams while keeping the needs of the customer and the business in mind.• Catalog user needs, product feedback and other primary market research to champion long-term product roadmaps defined by providing clinical, operational and economic value to customers.• Define product claims and pillars; Collaborate and Partner with cross-functional teams e.g. regulatory, clinical and regional marketing teams to create an agreed upon Go-To-Market strategy that can support successful launch.• Evaluate new business models for new products and integrate into regional marketing teams to execute successful instrument launches.• Track emerging technology and identify complementary technology that will enhance the Da Vinci surgical capability.• Position product value against alternative offerings and educate the organization on product differences, measuring value using data and financial modeling.• Craft and refine key value propositions and product positioning in support of building the product indications for use and training materials.• Be the subject matter expert for your product, and the competitors, providing expertise to sales, surgeons, hospital administrators and OR staff.• Contribute to Business Review meetings to ensure alignment across the organization on new product development.
• 8 or more years of professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or advanced degree is desirable.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Product Management, Product Marketing, or a related discipline required with a history of defining and launching successful products and programs in a therapeutic medical device company. Surgical and/or OR experience desired.
• Proven ability to effectively build a product brand, position and communicate product value.
• Develop strong commercial and KOL partnerships to drive product requirements and valuable functionality.
• Capacity to learn new technical skills and build clinical acumen.
• Ability to take complex technologies and simplify learning to be understood across a broad customer base.
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively amidst competing priorities to deliver high-impact marketing programs on-time and within budget to support overall marketing strategy and business objectives.
• Superior verbal/written communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills to work across multiple constituents.
• Self-starter with ability to take leadership in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to prioritize and smoothly manage multiple tasks.
• Agility to pivot focus to meet evolving sales and customer needs.
• Proven ability to work across disparate parts of an organization to deliver results.
• Well versed in MS Office Suite, Tableau, SFDC and digital marketing tools.
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time. Some international travel may be required.
• The position is located at Intuitive Headquarters in Sunnyvale, California.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.