Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200008
Intuitive Surgical is the world leader in minimally invasive surgical robots. Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
You’ll play a key role on the New Product Introduction (NPI) Test Engineering team to enable the manufacture a new generation of surgical robots. You will develop the manufacturing test and diagnostic software that assures the performance and safety of robot subsystems. The position will require close collaboration with product development teams, systems analysts, electrical test fixture engineers, manufacturing engineers, and quality engineers to build a test strategy and develop software.
You may qualify for a Senior Software Engineer level with sufficient experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Take ownership of manufacturing test fixtures, software and test system quality• Develop a deep technical understanding of product operation, control and testing algorithms• Design, document, and qualify test systems and software for use in manufacturing new robot subsystems• Work independently to overcome roadblocks with minimum guidance• Troubleshoot production line issues• Improve the manufacturing test capability through new technology, software and analytics
Mandatory Skills / Job Requirements
• Bachelor’s or Master’s in Engineering or Computer Science
• 3+ years of experience in hardware-oriented software development
• Experience with design and development of Windows PC or Web user interfaces
• Expert in object-oriented Python
• Demonstrated technical leadership
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Drives projects to completion
• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Intellectually curious and passionate
• High emotional intelligence and solid people skills
• Full stack frontend & backend web application development
• Web technologies such as RESTful APIs, JSON, sockets
• Familiarity with Matlab, SQL database
• Automated product or software testing
• Experience in medical device manufacturing or regulated engineering environment
• Experience developing robotic or electro-mechanical systems, including control systems and mechatronics
• Experience working in a product manufacturing environment
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.