Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200006
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary function of position
The Director of Sales Force Effectiveness is responsible for the identification, measurement, development, communication, and adoption of global sales practices and processes. S/He will lead the study of our sales process by market and customer segment. To achieve this, the director will work closely with senior sales leadership as well as data science teams to identify key performance indicators of sales efficiency and effectiveness. The Director will identify training needs and work closely with sales and marketing leadership and Commercial Learning, and Intuitive Business School to develop training which will ultimately build sales force capabilities against those KPIs. Close collaboration with the Commercial Center of Excellence will insure our commercial technology stack (including SFDC, Seismic, TaskRay, Gainsight, Marketo, etc) enables sales efforts effectively.
Success in this global role will be measured by consistent improvement against key performance indicators of sales force effectiveness and efficiency.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Identify and measure sales best practices by global market/region
• Direct and/or leverage the analysis provided by Sales Operations, Data Science and Business Analytics groups
• Identify sales execution gaps and collaborate with Commercial Learning to develop and deliver impactful training for sales teams
• Collaborate with Intuitive Business School to develop and deliver training to sales managers and leaders in order to drive adoption of sales best practices
• Align with the Commercial Technologies Center of Excellence; insure the platforms enable intuitive and efficient sales and marketing execution
• Establish, develop or refine core business processes related to sales force execution
• Contribute to continuous innovation in commercial/business platforms through the COE
• Develop sales enablement tools/training
• Collaborate with marketing regarding sales tool development
• Effectively communicate with sales at all levels- whether teaching tactics to a front line sales representative, coaching a manager, or presenting a strategic proposal to the executive team.
• Coach and develop others- both internal and external to the org
• Drive the utilization and adoption of business tools (technologies managed by COE)across the commercial organization to enable faster and more efficient communication
Experience, skills, and required competencies:
• Combination of 10+ years sales, sales management, sales operations and enablement experience• Demonstrated ability to lead cross-departmental collaboration on strategic initiatives• Demonstrated ability to design and deliver sales training and development programs and measure the results• Experience working in an entrepreneurial, fast-changing environment that requires strategic thinking, resourcefulness, results-oriented decision making• Strong sense of urgency and personal accountability• Demonstrated interpersonal and conflict resolution skills• BS /BA degree, MBA preferred• Ability to communicate with all areas of the company at all levels within the organization• Must be hands-on with excellent attention to detail• 30%+ travel; domestic and international
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.