Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200005
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position
The Senior Payroll Specialist is responsible for ensuring timely, accurate, and proper execution of bi-weekly payroll and other payroll activities as needed. The Senior Payroll Specialist will be the subject matter expert in payroll processing and responsible for compliance with Federal, State and Local regulatory requirements. The Senior Payroll Specialist will assist the Payroll Manager in implementing process improvement and projects with a clear focus on streamlining workflows and scalability. Providing excellent customer services to our internal and external customers is a must and the Senior Payroll Specialist needs to serve as an example to the payroll team teaching and drafting communications in both verbal and written format demonstrating professionalism and teamwork.
• Complete all payroll transactions in an accurate and timely manner to produce semi-monthly and biweekly payrolls and any off-cycle pay runs as needed. Review and audit computed wages and deductions, data imported from time and attendance systems, commission and bonus payments, and other related payroll activities.
• Process annual W-2's, taxable fringe benefit input, 401(k) compliance and adjustment runs.
• Review and audit stock runs and ensure all activity is submitted in a timely manner.
• Liaise with outside agencies in regards to non-standard garnishments and maintain all information pertaining to garnishments.
• Maintain well-documented and organized payroll records.
• Continuously look for improvements in operational processes and designs and implement those initiatives. Regularly update payroll procedures as processes change.
• Responsible for timely and accurate processing of required payroll reports, data input, and audit of payroll information entered according to our SOX and Internal Audit requirements.
• Provide a consistent, high-level of customer service
Education and Qualifications:
• Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• CPP/FPC certification a plus.
• At least five (5) years of payroll experience in a fast paced, high volume, multi-entity organization required.
• Familiarity with various legal regulations governing payroll activities, including Federal, State and Local requirements.
• Proficient using ADP Vantage for payroll and Workforce for time keeping. Knowledge of Oracle HCM and SAP preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel including advanced formula functions and Microsoft Word
• Excellent problem solving skills, analytical mindset with good judgement and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to prioritize workload, multi-task, meet all deadlines, and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong customer service, written and verbal communication skills; appropriately communicates with all levels of customers within the organization.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.