Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 194085
Primary Function of Position:
The Ion™ endoluminal system is Intuitive's new robotic platform for minimally invasive biopsy in the peripheral lung, with an initial goal of improving the early diagnosis of lung cancer. The Senior Software Engineer will design and prototype innovative medical robotics systems. A successful candidates will have significant experience in working with all algorithm, software, and hardware aspects of complex electro-mechanical devices, but also have breadth to support different research projects and prototypes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications- Work with HW engineers to test and bring up new hardware- Work with product development teams to deliver robust and secure-by-design applications and infrastructure- Actively participate in low-level software architectural discussions.- Develop embedded software applications for first in human systems- Develop Linux applications- Support and troubleshooting and testing operations
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, EE, or related fields preferred or commensurate experience.
- Minimum 3 years related experience
- Proficient with C/C++ (11 and higher).
- Experience with automation CI/CD, unit testing.
- Experience with development and testing of medical products that have been successfully launched to market is a plus.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.