Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 194063
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Manages and coordinates all activities of personnel engaged in Final Quality inspection, to ensure adherence to company quality standards. The Manager will ensure that the FQI function performs dimensional, finctional and visual inspections of purchased assemblies and products to required specifications. In addition, the Manager will lead continuous improvement activities within the FQI area to improve productivity, Cost, Quality and Saftey. This person must be technically competent and shoulde be able and willing to take active participation in the day to day workload of the team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage the Instruments, Accessories and Endoscopes Final Quality Inspection functions.• Plan workload for FQI groups and Prioritize activities for the supervisors and the inspectors• Determine, develop and conduct training of FQI supervisors and Inspectors.• Lead Cycle Counts and Physical Inventories in area of responsibility.• Assure all operations are performed in accordance to procedures• Perform periodic audits to verify correct and consistent operations acorss the functions.• Determine, maintain FQI CIP/department goals• Track recurring issues and escalate as needed to achieve root cause and corrective action• Trend supplier quality defect data and team with Supplier Development to drive supplier issues to closure• Interface on a daily basis with internal customers to provide status of openFQI issues and drive those items to closure.• Develop, trend, and improve appropriate metrics• Handle materials in accordance to procedures, and maintain traceability of component materials as to inspection status• Interface with cross functional team to drive improvements in FQI area.• Review and approve documentation as assigned to ensure compliance with relevant standard, regulations and procedures.• Update Quality Inspection procedures and Inspection plans as needed.• Colloborate with compliance and Quality teams to prepare for audits and other inspections of the area.• Responsible to Coordinate the follow up on internal audit observations and take appropriate corrective actions.
• BS degree and 5-7 years of management experience.
• Outstanding management and communication skills.
• Must be able to use all standard inspection tools, gauges, optical comparators and various types of coordinate measuring machines effectively
• Must be computer literate with experience using; Windows, Excel, Word, and database programs such as Filemaker Pro or Access.
• Must be familiar with Mil.Std. 105-E or ANSI/ASQC Z1.4 (sampling procedures and tables for inspection by attributes).
• Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance and ability to read technical drawings
• Experience in Medical Device industry and knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
• Ability to perform and document supplier process audits results and recommendations
• Working knowledge of quality tools: measurement repeatability systems, process control tools (Statistical Process Control)
• Working knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.