Primary Location: Germany-Baden-Württemberg-Denzlingen-Germany-Emmendingen
Requisition ID: 193953
Primary Function of Position:
The ideal candidate possesses a broad and deep hands-on process knowledge in optics and vision electronics to sustain and develop the next generation of da Vinci vision systems. You will support the selection and development our suppliers, and our supplier’s parts and manufacturing processes to produce high quality/reliability endoscopes cameras, microelectronics, fiber optics, and displays using sound engineering principals and an innovate approach, as necessary.You will also continuously improve our supplier’s manufacturing and business processes to optimize cost, quality, delivery and service requirements using best practices in project management, Six Sigma, Lean, and SPC
Roles and Responsibilities:
Support selection and development of suppliers in order to achieve the delivery, quality, cost, and capacity requirements. Identify critical manufacturing process acceptance test, define and control key input variables, implement process control, and solve complex problems that will prevent manufacturing and reliability defects in the vision supply chain. The vision manufacturing processes includes, among others: camera assembly and testing, fiber/optics assembly and testing, adhesives, wire bonding, die attach, brazing, lens alignment, coatings, contamination controls, laser welding, machining, plastic and silicon molding, and potting.
- Drive corrective actions for supplier process by driving suppliers to true root cause analysis and corrective and preventive actions on the base of quality and supplier KPI.
- Deliver the following key deliverables: pFMEA, Special Process Validations, FAI, Cpk Studies, Capacity Studies, DFM/DFA, and should cost analysis
- Work closely with design, manufacturing and project teams to support launch of new products.
- Partner with supply chain on cost reduction and supplier risk management projects
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
The ideal candidate possesses broad and deep hands-on process knowledge to select and develop suppliers, parts, and manufacturing processes to produce high quality/reliability products using sound engineering principals using an innovate approach, as necessary. Direct experience in endoscopic cameras, fiber optic cables, microelectronics, and displays.
- BS degree in electrical engineering or equivalent, Masters degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years related experience in Process/Manufacturing Development/Engineering, Supplier Development Engineering or related field
- Ideal Candidate would have experience in medical device industry and knowledge of associated FDA/ISO regulations
- Excellent Project Management, complex problem solving skills, and written/verbal