Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 193913
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Mobile Application Developer is responsible for hands on development of mobile applications, focused on hybrid apps, as well as modern native iOS and Android development for smartphones and tablets. This position will report to the manager of mobile application development and collaborate with the QA, operational teams, cyber security, and other developers. The successful candidate will be deeply hands-on technical, providing front-line engineering support.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Analyzing business requirements and designing, programming, testing and documenting to support new software and enhance existing software applications
• Performing peer code reviews to ensure quality and keep your skills fresh
• Effectively communicate to team members and partner teams, ensuring delivery timelines, goals and prioritization are met
• Assisting in the development of coding and technology standards used in the software development of applications
• Implement latest hybrid and native mobile technology and support product road map
• Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends in the area of application architecture and programming languages
• Provide support for operations and support teams, including root cause analysis and preventative analysis
• Responsible for production support, continuous improvement projects, minor enhancement etc.
• Requires a Master’s degree in a related area and at least 3 years of experience with applications development (or a Bachelor’s and 6 years) and at least 2 years in mobile applications on one or more major platforms (iOS, Android, etc.).
• At least 2 years of hands on experience developing enterprise level mobile applications
• Experience building and supporting hybrid (ionic or react native) mobile applications in production
• Hands on experience with react web applications in production
• Experience building restful APIS with ExpressJS or similar
• Strong knowledge and experience with device data using SQL or NoSQL
• Knowledge with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management (Git), build processes, testing and operations.
Additional Good to Have
• Experience releasing apps to Apple App Store or Google Play Store
• Experience or knowledge of Continuous integration (Jenkins/Circle CI/App center) is a plus.
• Experience with native iOS (swift or Objective-C) or android code
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.