Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 193854
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
The idea of surgical robotics was little more than a curiosity until 1999, the year Intuitive Surgical introduced the da Vinci® Surgical System. Today, Intuitive Surgical is the global leader in the rapidly emerging field of robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery. Intuitive Surgical is also an industry leader in designing data capture from over 5,400 surgical robotics systems used by over 40,000 surgeons globally.
The Enterprise Analytics team powers data-driven decision making across all organizations at Intuitive. As a data analyst on this team, you will shape your colleagues’ interactions with a wide range of data critical to their decision making. You will also uncover insights that drive product and operational improvements.
For this role, you should have excellent analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to communicate clearly and present information to stakeholders at all levels of the business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
We are looking for an experienced data analyst to join our growing global Enterprise Analytics team to focus on our new Ion business unit. This analyst will derive insight and understanding from the wealth of data at our disposal through data visualization, building informative reports / dashboards, application of statistical methods, and deep investigation. This role presents the opportunity to work with data across a wide variety of functions, from manufacturing to customer insights. We are seeking an individual who has the vision and strategic thinking skills to help take analytics to the next level at Intuitive.
Qualifications• Storytelling with data: the ability to use data visualization effectively to tell a story and drive action by presenting information• Defining and designing KPI based dashboards / reports that summarize organizational health and highlight “hot spots” for executives to focus on• Continual hypothesis testing through ad hoc analysis and model testing• Working with Data Engineers, Data Architects, to define back-end requirements for data products (aggregations, materialized views, tables – visualization)• Data investigation to discover correlations / trends and the ability to explain them• Collaborate with internal and external customers to develop an analytics portfolio consistent with the vision and goals of our stakeholders• Identify data gaps from downstream and upstream source systems. Work with IT partners to improve data quality and governance with the goal of delivering value added data for analytics• Collaborate with key stakeholders on how to best leverage analytics to inform better business decisions and optimization operations• Understand the decision-making process, workflows, and business and information needs of our analytic teams• Proactively mine data warehouse to identify trends and patterns and generate insights for business units and senior leadership• Develop frameworks and processes to analyze unstructured information collected through our medical devices for use in the service lines• Interact with Product team to understand how unstructured information is instrumented, stored, modeled, and tagged• Support analysts and UI engineers to enhance information visualization through development of dashboards and user interfaces• Work closely with product managers, architects, and business units for knowledge sharing, mentoring, and training• Drive standardization of key metrics across various business stakeholders to improve data governance• Continually recommend, develop, and implement improved processes to collect/analyze data, and visualize/present insights
• 2+ years of experience in a Data Visualization, Data Scientist, or Data Analyst role
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, or other quantitative field
• Expertise with data visualization tools like Tableau (certification a plus)
• Experience with full-stack data analysis, insight synthesis and presentation.
• Proven competency in dashboard design and information visualization techniques
• Proficient SQL programming skills with an understanding of database capabilities and experience integrating, structuring, and analyzing large amounts of data from diverse sources
• Proven ability using data to generate insight, tell stories, and drive business results
• You have a curious business mindset with an ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive action
• Strong analytical skills – creative problem solver with the ability to aggregate, cleanse and analyze a large amount of data from various sources
• Working knowledge of database technologies (e.g. ODBC, Access, SQL)
• Experience with R, Python, and Jupyter Notebook
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to effectively build and manage relationships, interact at multiple levels of the organization and across multiple functions
• Medical robotics has unique characteristics that will require immersion in clinical and technical training and you must come up to speed quickly– an interest and desire to learn are critical
• Ability to investigate issues to root cause, understand and explain trends/shifts in data
• A sense of pride and personal accountability for resulting customer experience is a must
• You are self-directed, passionate about data, and focused on delivering the right results
• Advanced degree in Data Science, Statistics, Engineering, or other quantitative discipline
• Experience in Medical Devices
• Familiarity with machine learning techniques
• Experience with Cloud Analytics Platforms (MS Azure, AWS, Snowflake or GCP)
• Strong experience in data modeling, data analysis, or analytics work
• Passion for deriving meaning from data and optimizing visual display of information (design perspective)
• Experience with manufacturing, supply chain, statistical process control, and six sigma
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.