Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 193851
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Own equipment design, process development and manufacturing for advanced 3D endoscopes used for minimally invasive robotic surgery. The role requires active participation in current product development teams that create and refine optical components, electromechanical components. This individual will have direct responsibility for process documentation, tooling and test methods for current products while challenging new product designs to improve efficacy, reliability, manufacturability and cost for robotic surgical vision systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications• Maintain and improve efficient “mid-volume’ endoscope manufacturing line• Implement design and process changes to improve product manufacturing.• Identify and implement continuous improvement projects with respect to first pass yield, cycle time reduction, product reliability, capacity enhancement and cost reduction• Trouble shoot line and equipment issues• Responsible for the validation and qualification of manufacturing equipment and processes leveraging standard qualification approaches (IQ/OQ/DQ/PQ)• Analyze manufacturing line from a risk perspective (PFMEA) to incorporate and validate critical tests used in manufacturing• Evaluate and select suppliers for mechanical and electrical subsystems. Help resolve supplier quality issues• Takes responsibility for maintaining compliance with medical device quality system including corrective action closure, discrepant material dispositions and ECO implementation• Provides training and support to production technicians• Provide design engineers with Design for Manufacturability and Design for Reliability input• Interface with product development, planning, purchasing, technicians, regulatory, inspection, customer support and clinical marketing teams• Leads/participates in initiative focused on material cost reduction, capacity enhancement, outsourcing of assemblies, etc.
• BS degree in an Engineering discipline with eight years of experience (or an MS degree with six years of experience)
• Experience with manufacturing of complex electromechanical assemblies
• Experience with manufacturing of endoscopes and optical systems preferred
• Proven track record of teamwork and willingness to take initiatives in solving product and manufacturing problems
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Prior responsibility for process, equipment or product validation/verification
• Robotics knowledge a plus
• Basic software knowledge is a plus
• Strong technical skills in troubleshooting issues with assemblies, parts and equipment
• Comfortable interacting with technicians, engineers, and management
• Experience in an ISO 13485, ISO 9001, or medical device manufacturing environment a plus
• Able to travel occasionally to suppliers
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.