Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 193824
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Manages and coordinates all activities of personnel engaged in Incoming Quality Control, to ensure adherence to company quality standards. The Manager will ensure that the IQC function performs dimensional and visual inspections of purchased parts, assemblies and products to required specifications. In addition, the Senior Manager will lead continuous improvement activities within the IQC area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage the IQC functions
• Determine, develop and conduct training of IQC Inspectors
• Lead Cycle Counts and Physical Inventories in area of responsibility
• Assure all operations are performed in accordance to procedures
• Perform periodic audits to verify correct and consistent operations
• Determine, maintain IQC CIP/department goals
• Track recurring issues and escalate as needed to achieve root cause corrective action
• Trend supplier quality defect data and team with Supplier Development to drive problem parts and suppliers issues to closure
• Interface on a daily basis with internal customers to provide status of open MRB and IQC issues and drive those items to closure.
• Develop, trend, and improve appropriate metrics
• Handle materials in accordance to procedures, and maintain traceability of component materials as to inspection status
• BS degree and 8 years of management experience.
• Outstanding management and communication skills.
• Must be able to use all standard inspection tools, gauges, optical comparators and various types of coordinate measuring machines effectively
• Must be computer literate with experience using; Windows, Excel, Word, and database programs such as Filemaker Pro or Access.
• Must be familiar with Mil.Std. 105-E or ANSI/ASQC Z1.4 (sampling procedures and tables for inspection by attributes).
• Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance and ability to read technical drawings
• Experience in Medical Device industry and knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
• Ability to perform and document supplier process audits results and recommendations
• Working knowledge of quality tools: measurement repeatability systems, process control tools (Statistical Process Control)
• Working knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.