Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 193686
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Functions of Position:
This position will be a key technical staff member of Vision Manufacturing Engineering team to provide technical guidance and support for Endoscope production lines at Intuitive. This team is responsible for driving the process and yield improvement, supporting the capacity expansion and cost reduction, qualifying new process and new equipment.
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide manufacturing engineering support for Endoscope production lines
• Lead process and yield improvement projects
• Conduct IQ/OQ/PQ for new process and new equipment
• Work closely with production, quality engineers, supplier engineers to resolve any manufacturing issue in a timely manner
• Set up and monitor SPC charts for manufacturing process control
• Generate and update manufacturing procedure instructions
• BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science and Engineering or related technical discipline, advanced degree preferred
• At least 7 years of experience in process development and improvement in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge and experiences with adhesive process or fluxless soldering process or laser welding process a plus
• Experiences in manufacturing fiber optic products a plus
• Strong project management and excellent team work skills with proven ability to work with a cross functional team and drive for timely project success
• Effective communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
• Strong problem solving and data analysis skills.
• Knowledge and experiences with various FA techniques
• Knowledge and experiences with six sigma methodology highly desired
• Experiences with Agile or similar product lifecycle management tool preferred
• Experience in Medical Device Manufacturing (including GMP, MDD, ISO), familiarity with ISO 13485 a plus.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.