Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 193588
Joining Intuitive means joining a team dedicated to using technology to improve patient care efficacy and decreasing invasiveness of medical procedures, with patient safety as our highest priority. We work in a high-energy, focused, small-team environment, and believe in applying first principle thinking, data driven decision making, continuous learning, systematic planning to deliver results and achieving our goals.
Primary Function of Position:
The Ion™ endoluminal system is Intuitive's new robotic platform for minimally invasive biopsy in the peripheral lung, with an initial goal of improving the early diagnosis of lung cancer. The main responsibility of the position is to drive all operating system related activities across all computational nodes present in the Ion system.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications- Work with EEs to test and bring up new hardware- Create and maintain customized Linux distributions for all compute nodes that require one. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining configurations, cross-compiling build chains, and setting up continuous integration for each distribution.- Write device drivers for bootloaders and the Linux kernel.- Develop middleware usually based on C/C++.- Develop Linux applications- Support and troubleshooting production operations- Actively participate in low-level software architectural discussions.- Work with product development teams to deliver robust and secure-by-design applications and infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, EE, or related fields preferred or commensurate experience.
- Minimum 3 years related experience
- Proficient with C/C++ (11 and higher) and experience with Python and bash.
- Extensive experience with building embedded Linux, Linux Kernel, and Linux userspace packages, preferably with OpenEmbedded/Yocto.
- Experience with real time OSs (QNX)
- Experience with automation CI/CD, unit testing.
- Experience with development and testing of medical products that have been successfully launched to market is a plus.
- Experience with network stacks, kernel modules, graphics cards a plus.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.