Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Raleigh-US-NC-Raleigh
Requisition ID: 193575
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
The idea of surgical robotics was little more than a curiosity until 1999, the year Intuitive Surgical introduced the da Vinci® Surgical System. Today, Intuitive Surgical is the global leader in the rapidly emerging field of robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery. Intuitive Surgical is also an industry leader in designing data capture from over 5,400 surgical robotics systems used by over 40,000 surgeons globally.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our growing Enterprise Analytics team. The BI Support Engineer is responsible for supporting enterprise analytics Ecosystem including websites and service side platforms. This role will directly support and influence Intuitive Surgical’s internal customers and will require you to have a high level of integrity in your day-to-day interactions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The BI Support Engineer must have a deep understanding of functional business process, support enterprise analytics applications and software applications. The candidate will have a strong curiosity for answering questions, extreme attention to detail, no fear of incomplete or messy data, and a passion for analytics. He or she will possess a work style that promotes progress through collaborative teamwork in a dynamic environment. The candidate must be enthusiastically committed to delivering world-class technology solutions, the highest levels of customer service, be committed to continual process, product and performance improvements, be able to communicate with confidence, clarity, and honesty, take initiative and assume ownership of a wide variety of systems, processes & deliverables within the Enterprise Analytics ecosystem.
• Investigation, documentation and remediation of production data issues (job failures) affecting enterprise software applications and systems within the supported ecosystem• Collaboration with BI engineers and Management in an onsite-offshore environment and participation in a 24X7 on call rotation• Communication across several enterprise organizations and Intuitive end-user groups.• Test, deploy and maintain data integrations, software applications, ETL processes, API’s and analytics solutions within our environment.• Providing analysis to managers on improvement opportunities for the business process by answering “Why” and “What if” questions.• Analyzing business requirements, troubleshooting application issues and programming, testing and documenting to support and enhance existing software applications.• Handling tickets and continuous improvement projects or minor enhancement changes in as part of production support.• Collaboration with management on ways to drive efficiencies and optimize value while effectively maintaining quality of services• Guides the business (quarterly/monthly) review process(s) while ensuring continuous improvement efforts through data and analysis• Closely partners with BI Engineers, Software Developers to create
• Three years Business Intelligence/Software Applications implementation experience with a Master’s Degree OR five years Business Intelligence/ Software Applications implementation experience with Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of three years of hands-on experience with engineering including development or support ETL, software applications and data warehousing platforms.
• Minimum of one year of hands-on experience with data visualization or web applications.
• Experience with and knowledge of SAP ecosystem or similar ERP ecosystems.
• Experience with ticket management tools like ServiceNow or Jira
• Experience with code version control and collaboration platforms like GitHub
• Good to have knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) or NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the demonstrated ability to work across all levels of the business
• Strong sense of customer service for both internal and external customers
• Ability to manage multiple, conflicting, high priority requests
• Ability to venture into new functional/technology areas and learn on the fly
• Needs to have a strong interest in the healthcare area, specifically surgical and hospital space
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.