Primary Location: Belgium-Antwerp-Antwerp-Belgium
Requisition ID: 193534
Position’s Objective & Summary:
A da Vinci Area Sales Manager is responsible for selling the daVinci™ Surgical System to greenfield hospitals and existing hospitals within the Area Sales Manager’s assigned territory. This requires a number of capabilities including expert-level knowledge in the use of surgical robotics, the ability to build a team of advocates within each hospital, strong solution selling skills, and enough tenacity to insure sales objectives are met on a consistent basis. Da Vinci Area Sales Managers are expected to provide an extraordinary degree of information gathering and presenting to buying teams throughout the capital equipment purchasing process.
Roles & Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
- Manage the complex sales process of daVinci Surgical Systems into new hospitals and upgrades into existing hospitals
- Build clinical and administrative support through technical presentations, executive meetings, marketing events and system test drives.
- Build support from surgeons and administration for da Vinci® Surgery
- Identify key institutions, generate market awareness, and drive sales of the daVinci™ Surgical System within an assigned sales territory.
- Effectively manage transition of initial sale and installation to the clinical sales team to drive procedural volume and growth.
- Achieve quarterly sales targets.
- Partner with the da Vinci Area Sales Director to develop a sales plan for their local territory
- Build surgical advocacy teams at each hospital.
- Develop initial contact with CEO and senior hospital administrators.
- Organize and manage the sales process.
- Develop expert level knowledge of primary OR procedures.
- Make business case for system purchase.
- Resolve contractual issues and coordinate system installation upon purchase approval.
- Handle all communications and administrative follow-up.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 5 years’ sales experience preference for experience in healthcare or capital sales
- Knowledge of the operating room environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven successful track record in capital medical equipment sales
- Ability to travel up to 50%, dependent upon account distribution
- Fluent in English and local language as required
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
Sales management experience a plus
Success in introducing new technologies to the market is a plus