Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 193332
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
A Mechanical RMA Repair Technician II is able to work independently, follows oral and/or written instructions, and performs repair and testing processes to produce tested electro-mechanical assemblies or associated sub-assemblies. Assists in training of less experienced RMA Techs by sharing information on troubleshooting techniques.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Essential duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs simple and complex repairs on mechanical RMA assemblies.
• Provides assistance with failure analysis of RMAs and properly documents findings.
• Participates in investigational teams for FRU’s to provide input if required.
• Performs moderately complex tasks in preparation for repair and testing of all FRU’s.
• Is able to verify assembly documentation accuracy, read engineering drawings etc. Sets up and operates machines/equipment /fixtures needed to perform repair and testing processes.
• Is able to initiate ECO’s in conjunction with updates required in the MRMA area when required.
• Follows all applicable work instructions to perform repair and testing processes.
• Communicates status of testing with supervisor and other departments as necessary.
• Provides detailed symptom descriptions for failures uncovered during functional test and calibration to assist in component–level troubleshooting.
• Conducts complex quality inspection of own or other’s work to insure workmanship standards are met. Takes ownership of individual tasks to insure completion with the highest level of quality.
• Properly completes manufacturing documentation and helps maintain its accuracy. Initiates material requests (MTs), reports quality issues (VRs, Process Log), records transactions in Datasweep as needed to preserve traceability.
• Follows all corporate, safety and production procedures and regulations and maintains a clean and orderly workstation. Assures that his/her group adheres to the company standards and regulations.
• Provides detailed information about FRU assemblies to FSE’s when called from the field with questions about a specific FRU or FRU’s in general
• Assists in training of less experienced RMA Techs on learning to troubleshoot and repair all FRU’s.
• When possible, makes process flow recommendations to Supervisor or Manager of department.
• Maintains an excellent attendance record.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma and AA or equivalent; three to five years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Training must be completed at a minimum per the following criteria:• Both of the following 2 assemblies: MTM, PSM• Both of the following 2 assemblies: SUJ/Cart, ECM• All of the following 3 assemblies: VSC, Console, HRSV• System Refurbishing Program• Language Skills: Ability to read, write and understand English. Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, supervisors, or engineers• Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute averages, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs and line graphs. Ability to determine the minimum, maximum and nominal value when provided with a specification and a tolerance.• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to deal with situations including up to several variables. Ability to report actual or potential quality issues. Ability to suggest and implement process improvements.• Computer skills: Proficient in use of personal computers as part of daily work, including knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and Datasweep. Ability to use E-mail and the ACCS (Agile) system to retrieve and submit on-line documentation.• Other skills and abilities: Ability to work varying shifts. Must have ability to complete training courses. Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to use clocks, timers, calipers, voltmeters, power supplies, rulers, and other test equipment as required. Must lead by example-quality of work and work ethic should be of the highest level to set the example for lesser experienced RMA Techs.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.