Primary Location: United States-District of Columbia
Requisition ID: 192661
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position
Intuitive Surgical is widely considered the most exciting medical device company in the world today. Surgeons worldwide are changing the way surgery is performed by utilizing our robotic surgical device, the da Vinci® Surgical System, to enhance their surgical precision and greatly improve patient benefits. The Clinical Sales Associate will help maximize the utilization of installed da Vinci® Surgical Systems.
The U.S. ION® Endoluminal Sales Representative (ESR) reports to the U.S. ION® Endoluminal Sales Manager (ESM). The ION® ESR plays a critical role in the early adoption of the Ion® platform in expanding access to minimally invasive care for lung biopsy. This individual will be primarily focused on building and supporting early sustainable users and programs and the development of KOL’s and programs that can highlight the early clinical, economic and strategic value of ION®.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide procedural support to new users to promote safety and effective progression through their learning curves
- Work with senior hospital staff and key physicians in the development and execution of a plan to effectively integrate Ion® at new customer sites, ensuring ongoing commitment to and utilization of the system
- Facilitate critical user and procedural data capture to create effective QTI and benchmarking metrics
- Work closely with the ESM and Marketing team to build Ion Catalyst Programs driven through the clinical, economic and strategic validation and impact of a robotus ION® robotic bioposy program
- Management of all associated activities to include case observations, training labs, attend first case series and development of teams and programs
- Become a clinical expert in the relative spaces. (Pulmonology, Oncology, Interventional Radiology and integration of Thoracic Treatment)
- Collaboration with daVinci local sales teams, leadership and Key Accounts to ensure consistent alignment and communication with internal and external stakeholders while implementing market strategy in major MSAs
- Responsibly manage administrative tasks, SFDC management, submission of expense reports, etc.
Core Competencies, Skills and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- A minimum of 5 years of sales experience including 2 or more years in healthcare sales
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity and work in an environment of change
- Proven ability to understand new market dynamics and drive adoption of disruptive technology
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Background in selling medical capital equipment
- Excellent clinical selling skills and ability to quickly develop credibility with a highly educated customer base
- Ability to travel up to 60% and located near a major airline hub
- Knowledge of the Pulmonology/Bronchoscopy space environment is a plus
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.