Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 192380
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Product Portfolio Manager is responsible for developing process and providing project management expertise in support of managing a portfolio of products throughout their lifecycle, from pre-commercialization activities to global obsolescence. This position will focus support on lifecycle and commercialization activities in support of Intuitive’s expanding market opportunities in China and Hong Kong. He or she must excel in a high-energy team environment and be capable of making sound decisions when faced with the time pressures and incomplete information typical of product lifecycle management.
The Product Portfolio Manager will be assigned ownership of the development of specific processes (e.g. Product Commercialization process, Product Discontinuation process) to be applied across the entire Intuitive Surgical product portfolio, will provide broader process execution support to specific Product Management & Global Management teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with core ISI headquarters functions to ensure smooth execution of regional efforts within the regulatory, quality, commercial, customer service, business development, IT, finance, communication and government affairs organizations in the pursuit of business goals.Qualifications
• Work in partnership with Product Management & Global Management Teams (Systems, Instruments and Accessories, Training Technologies, Services & Secondary Markets, Enterprise Solutions) on commercialization and discontinuations. Clearly alignment commercial timelines and requirements with Commercial Leadership
• Provide project management and process optimization expertise to maximize the efficient development and execution of various marketing processes
• Lead cross functional teams to refine existing and develop novel processes & tools in support of product lifecycle management, and to provide support in execution of these processes
• Develop and maintain tracking tools for on-going product lifecycle events and field action-driven programs
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• MBA or other advanced degree preferred
• PMP a plus
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in medical device as marketer, engineer, project manager or in a regulatory function
• Strong communication, documentation, and organizational skills
• Ability to work on several fast-paced projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people from multiple geographies and departments
• Experience with FDA regulations and Design Control processes a strong plus
• Strong Excel and database management acumen required
• Written and oral fluency in English required, Asian language proficiency desirable
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.