Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Director, Human Resources – APAC, WW Indirect & Global Sales Operations / Enablement
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190831
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary function of position:
In partnership with our leadership teams support the market expansion of Intuitive in the APAC region with direct sales, global indirect markets and scale our global sales operations and enablement organizations. This includes cultural indoctrination, organizational design and effectiveness, team & leadership development & coaching, talent management, and operational scaling.
• Provides insights and support in the scaling of the business and HR function in markets, both new market entry and maturing markets.Qualifications
• Provides insight and guidance to leadership regarding employee and organizational issues.
• Act as a thought partner in the evolving organizational design to meet the dynamic needs of our growing business.
• Provides cultural stewardship to instill and retain our beliefs and values as we expand our global workforce.
• Guide the translation of the business plan into a human capital strategy and work in collaboration with HR Centers of Excellence in the development and execution of the strategy.
• Manages a distributed HR team in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, India and working with a joint venture in China responsible for partnering with market commercial GMs and managing daily HR operations in country
• Provides organizational feedback to HR Centers of Expertise (COE’s): Compensation, Benefits, Talent Development, etc. to ensure programs/policies are aligned.
• Handles complex employee relations issues end to end. Conducts exit interviews for senior level terminating employees. Makes appropriate recommendations to management based on collected data, trends and observations.
• Typically requires a minimum of 15+ years of related experience, education, training and/or industry knowledge. 7+ years of HR Management experience required. Bachelor's degree and MBA is preferred.
• Integrity: proven track record of building credible relationships with client groups.
• Experience supporting an APAC Commercial organization and working in both small and large organizations.
• Ability to work in fast paced and constantly changing environment without losing sight of priorities.
• Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, or government law.
• Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
• Ownership: personally responsible and accountable for achieving performance goals as well as those of your team in a fiscally responsible way.
• Ability to travel 35% required.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.