Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190825
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of this Position:
The Enterprise Architect will work on the creation, maintenance and management of IT architecture models. The enterprise architect provides the necessary design leadership and facilitates and orchestrates the delivery of targeted business outcomes. He/She will track and apply innovative and existing technologies, anchoring them in the business model to assess their potential, and use rapid prototyping approaches to evolve innovations. He/She will also run technology experiments, helping to create new products and services and integrating the best of these into steady-state operations for the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility for:
• Manage and develop the architecture for a broader scope of projects, working closely with application/solution architects that manage and design architecture for a single project or initiative.Qualifications
• Define the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
• Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
• Provides architectural direction and consulting support to solution/domain architects. Consults with program/project teams to fit solutions to architecture across all viewpoints
• Introduces and accelerates new technologies and methodologies to support technology transformation
• Scan the world for major disruptive technology and nontechnology trends (trendspotting) that affect business. Provide practical advice and best practices to overcome these challenges and successfully deliver the expected business outcomes.
• Analyzes industry, technology, and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the enterprise
• Work with the business & IT Stakeholders to identify partnerships and products that help our cross-functional teams improve outcomes
• Leads and facilitates the creation of governing principles to guide solution decision making for the enterprise
• Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience. In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must:
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Knowledge of all components of a holistic Enterprise Architecture
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
• Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
• Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
• Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics
• Ability to work effectively with senior leaders and effectively communicate and influence up and down the ladder in a matrixed, multi-cultural, collaborative and self-directed environment
• Previous experience as a successful enterprise/solution architect highly desirable
• Demonstrated track record of leading high-performance teams toward the successful attainment of challenging goals
• Degree in business management, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system analysis, or a related field of study
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.