Intuitive Surgical Careers
AFQI Supervisor - Phoenix, Arizona
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Phoenix
Requisition ID: 190772
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
This position resides in Phoenix, Arizona. Supervises and coordinates all activities of personnel engaged in Final Quality Inspection (FQI) to ensure adherence to company quality assurance procedures. The Supervisor ensures that the FQI team provides quality support for sustaining operations by performing inspection and testing of da Vinci surgical accessories. This role is important in verifying compliance with all established specifications and requirements prior to final product release. The Supervisor also leads continuous improvement activities and other projects assigned by management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications• Oversee the final quality inspection activities for da Vinci surgical accessories• Establish, track and report FQI goals and quality metrics• Coordinate and communicate within and across departments to address quality issues• Track recurring issues as needed to achieve root cause corrective action• Assure all operations are performed in accordance to procedures• Perform periodic audits to verify correct and consistent operations• Interface on a daily basis with internal customers and teams to resolve nonconforming material issues• Drive on time inspections to support company objectives and deadlines• Champion improvements in inspection method efficiencies to drive down cost of inspection. Provide metrics to management.• Provide training for FQI techs to ensure consistency of inspection process• Ensure training records are up to date and all training is completed on time• Perform personnel activities such as annual reviews and mentoring• Track headcount, interview candidates, and perform budget planning• Analyze forecast and determine capacity requirements• Ensure equipment and tools are available and in compliance with PMC due dates• Coordinate PMC activities with the PMC department• Conduct investigations with Engineering as needed for• Coordinate VR re-inspections with MRB, Engineering, and the AFQI inspection• Manage oversight of the MRB quarantine area, coordinating containment and releases remotely with MRB in SV• Support internal and external audits as necessary• Champion 5S methodologies, lean practices and continuous improvement in everyday activities• Other duties as assigned
• BS degree and 7 years of prior supervisory experience or high school diploma with 13 years of medical device experience and 7 years prior supervisory experience
• Established interpersonal and leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills including ability to provide written and verbal instruction
• Ability to work across team organizations and diverse cultures
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively up, down and across organizations
• Must be able to use all standard inspection tools, gauges and applicable equipment, tools and fixtures used to execute quality assurance procedures and test methods
• Proven experience and knowledge with FDA Medical Directive and ISO 13485 and ISI Quality Procedures
• Must have a working knowledge of calibration and preventive maintenance activities required to support final quality inspection
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.