Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Product Configuration Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190727
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Contribute your passion for product configuration, data analytics, project management, manufacturing, and design to a dynamic team creating precision Instruments and Accessories for minimally invasive robotic surgery. This broad leadership role will define, develop, maintain, obsolete product configuration and change control throughout the product lifecycle for all Instruments and Accessories used in robotic surgery.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate product changes within the engineering and manufacturing environment, creating Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and item creation (parts, BOM’s, travelers, work flow processes, validation documents).• Create, manage and monitor dashboards (tableau) for Agile/ SAP items and periodically clean up any data inconsistencies across all Instruments & Accessories portfolio.• Provide technical leadership to various stakeholders related to configuration and change management.• Work in collaboration with Design, Manufacturing, Labeling, IT, Quality, Regulatory and Document Control departments to facilitate efficient change control processes.• Responsible for timely Product Configuration Management, including implementation of material, product data, tooling, work instructions, and labeling in support of business strategy and supply chain requirements across multiple facilities.• Participates in continuous process improvements focused on performance metrics and optimization especially related to Agile.• Provide project management oversight for design and manufacturing teams, including change control roadmap and product lifecycle management.• Responsible for ensuring adherence by other departments to product configuration and documentation control processes, best practices, and release requirements.• Able to travel both domestically and internationally to support manufacturing facilities and supply chain. Estimated travel is occasional (0-5%)
• BS degree in Engineering, Business or other technical discipline, masters is a plus.
• 5-7 years experience as product configuration analyst (or equivalent) in product development, manufacturing and commercialization of products with significant BOM content
• Recent Agile PLM experience, with strong knowledge of SAP MRP/ERP (or equivalent)
• Experience with business intelligence tools for data analytics (Business Objects, SAP HANA, Tableau, or equivalent)
• Working general knowledge of components used in medical device and robotics disciplines, including fasteners, cables, plastics, electrical components, packaging.
• Excellent communication (written, verbal), presentation and documentation skills.
• Fluent in document control concepts.
• Strong project management, planning, decision making, negotiating and change management skills.
• Experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Production Management, or similar factory technical leadership role is a plus
• Experience with organizing and/or supporting Change Control and/or Configuration Control Boards is a plus
• Configuration Management certifications (CMII, CMPIC) or other industry recognized certification is a plus
• Experience with CAD (Solidworks) is a plus
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.