Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190713
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The primary objective of an Electronic Technician is to provide failure analysis, repairs and testing meeting Quality and productivity goals within Service Operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. RMA Repair
a. Prefer to know how to use soldering with lead free solder
b. Be able to follow MPI to repair returned FRU down to component
2. RMA Final System Test
a. Be able to follow MPI with test matrix to perform System Verification
b. Write PL/VR and disposition when it fails
3. Failure Analysis and root cause investigation:
a. Diagnose failures on Systems (System level failures, Sub-assembly failures, Test fixture failures).
b. Perform failure analysis to component level and investigate root cause. Recommend corrective / preventive actions.
4. Engineering support:
a. Execute engineering level tests and collect data to support design of experiment activities or characterize a device.
b. Support production with electronics/PCA programming and functional testing in the early phase of new product launches to shake out bugs, suggest improvements.
c. Redline process instructions and drawings. Prepare and submit simple ECOs with engineering guidance.
5. Performs other duties as required.
1. Ability to troubleshoot complex PCAs down to component level.
2. Effectively use of troubleshooting and measurement equipment like oscilloscopes, multimeters, function generators, custom test platforms.
3. Understand wiring diagrams, schematics, assembly drawings, fab drawings, mechanical component drawings.
4. Document findings of investigation in quality notifications which are part of official Device History Records.
5. Electronic and Mechanical assembly skills (Examples: soldering, crimping, box build, fiber handling, optical component handling, cable routing, and use of RTV/epoxy).
6. Working knowledge of computers, word processing and spreadsheet applications for documentation and data presentation.
7. Ability to learn quickly and adapt to variety of technologies that allow effective troubleshooting. Examples: Digital and Analog Electronics components, optical components, servo components, machined parts, sheet metal parts, cable assemblies.
8. Good communication skills to be able to partner effectively with production techs, supervisors, training dept as well as Mfg/Test/Line Engineers.
9. Sense of urgency and Multi-tasking is essential to be able to support production line effectively.
1. AS degree, trade school, military technical training or equivalent.2. A minimum of five years of troubleshooting experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.