Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190712
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Warehouse Supervisor position is a critical part of a dynamic team supporting our I&A manufacturing operation. You will be primarily responsible for managing a team of 20-30 employees, planning, coordination, and daily activities; ensuring that all tasks are carried out efficiently and effectively aimed towards meeting agreed KPI’s. The Warehouse Supervisor will also integrate and work closely with other aspects and functions of the business such as Manufacturing, Inventory Control, Procurement, Finance, and HR.
• Responsible for the efficient day to day management of the warehouse operation including all inbound services and shipment deliveries in a safe and effective manner.
• Working with key stakeholders, to formulate plans and strategies for optimal service delivery; setting objectives, achieving goals and measuring successes.
• Set labor plans to meet operational needs while maintaining efficiency KPIs
• Hire, train, develop and motivate personnel to follow procedures, meet high-quality standards, production/project schedules, and productivity requirements
• Meet or exceed all daily business requirements by:
o Scheduling work activities and assignments.o Efficiently allocating available resources and re-assigning personnel throughout a shift.o Coordinating resource assignments with other departments, (Production, Inventory Planning, Purchasing, Quality, Materials etc.)o Working with the training department to ensure the successful cross training of team members. Ensure all subordinates are following the processes described in their training records.
• Ensure compliance with corporate and government safety regulations and requirementsQualifications
• Perform hands-on standard work activities as needed to meet the team’s daily goals and requirements.
• Develop and implement projects supporting departmental goals and objectives (Lean Scorecard, process improvements, warehouse layouts, etc.)
• Assist with all internal or external audits. Follow up and assist in addressing CAPA’s
• Ensure the successful execution of the Cycle Count Program and reconciliation in coordination with the Inventory and Planning teams.
• Drive continuous improvement of current systems and processes to optimize the supply chain
• Manage shift administrative duties (time-card edits, metrics updates, CI program management, Lean Scorecard management). Write and deliver Quarterly performance reviews.
• Develop communication relationship with Production, Inventory Control, Engineering, Purchasing, Planning, Shipping, Master Scheduling, and Customer Service to manage supply and demand.
• Adhere to all manufacturing policies, guidelines, and procedures. Comply with Current Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Other duties as assigned by Manager.
• BA/Associate degree preferred or equivalent to 5+ years of experience working in a warehouse environment associated with a production facility and /or leading project teams.
• Demonstrate the ability to successfully lead and supervise Warehouse Operations in a fast-paced environment.
• In-depth knowledge of inventory control systems and processes and root cause analysis, utilizing a Warehouse Management System.
• Significant computer experience including MS Office products and ERP systems, Agile and SAP knowledge preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Kanban systems and other Lean material flow practices preferred.
• Ability to provide positive direction by encouraging direct reports and peers to have a commitment to high standards of quality and performance.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to lead a cross-functional team while driving moderate to complex projects
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.