Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Durham
Requisition ID: 190687
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
This role provides support to the Production and Engineering teams in the form of employee training, onboarding, and content development. This individual both develops and improves subject matter that drives towards consistency and the integrity of training from the time an employee is initially on boarded.
A successful person in this role embraces the opportunity to take new approaches and finds creative solutions for how effective training can be used to address real-life production needs. Effective training specialists are self-starters capable of research and assimilation of content (often hands-on) that drives towards solutions and standardization. They pursue deliverables designed to educate and promote self-sufficiency in trainees through the establishment of fundamental knowledge and techniques that serve as a launch point for more specialized training in their assigned roles.
These individuals are forward thinking, take the steps necessary to develop themselves, and strive to perfect their craft. They have a passion for continuous improvement and a penchant for making learning fun. They recognize the importance of what they do and take that responsibility seriously. They also excel at developing training that is both fun and effective for their students. This person embraces the challenges of creating meaningful content across a broad spectrum of topics and with direct impact to manufacturing functions ranging from new technicians, engineers, supply chain, and management.
Training specialists have a knack for being able to distill concepts to their simplest form and the ability to convey these lessons using a variety of methods and technologies. A training specialist is a big picture thinker that strives to provide the context for trainees to better understand the interrelated nature of manufacturing and the policies/practices that govern how it operates.
If the prospect of working with cross-functional team members and being able to make your mark on the educational foundation for an entire organization, then this is the role for you.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop and deliver training courses in the areas of manufacturing skills (classroom & hands-on), good manufacturing practices, production methodologies (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, etc), information technology, and other subjects as required.Qualifications
• Develop and enhance documentation and multimedia that creates relevant training for members of the business unit.
• Serve as a key stakeholder with Manufacturing management to identify and prioritize training needs.
• A demonstrated ability to recognize the implicit tasks and interested parties necessary to bring ideas to realization.
• Identify and develop promising team members with potential to become trainers themselves and provide the mentorship that will grow the training department’s capabilities.
• Assist with defining and managing the training & certification criteria that ensures a firm foundation for those directly and indirectly supporting manufacturing.
o Associates degree or higher with coursework the applicant feels is relevant to training, manufacturing, or educational development
Examples could include but are not limited to
• Publishing, education, operations management, industrial engineering, graphic design, etc.
o 2+ years of relevant experience in technical writing, content development, a trainer or similar role.
• Proficiency with commonly used business applications
o Ex. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
• A history of self-directed learning to explore new technologies and skills that improved their personal and team effectiveness.• Comfort with and proven ability to facilitate group and ad hoc training content.• Strong written and verbal communication skills.• Experience with project management and working as a cross functional team member.• A proven track record of problem solving, hands-on involvement to identify issues, and seeing solutions through to completion.• Familiarity with continuous improvement and production methodologies such as:
o Lean Manufacturingo Six Sigmao Theory of Constraints
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.