Intuitive Surgical Careers
da Vinci Area Sales Manager
Primary Location: Taiwan-New Taipei City-Taiwan
Requisition ID: 190676
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
A da Vinci® Area Sales Manager is responsible for selling the da Vinci® Surgical System to greenfield and existing hospitals within the da Vinci® Area Sales Manager’s assigned territory. This requires a number of capabilities including knowledge in the use of robotics, the ability to build a team of advocates within each hospital, strong solution selling skills, and enough tenacity to insure sales objectives are met on a consistent basis. da Vinci® Area Sales Managers are expected to provide an extraordinary degree of information gathering and presenting to buying teams throughout the capital equipment purchasing process.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage the complex sales process of da Vinci® Surgical Systems into new hospitals and upgrades into existing hospitalsQualifications
• Build support from surgeons and administration for da Vinci® Surgery. Identify key institutions, generate market awareness, and drive sales of the da Vinci® Surgical System within an assigned sales territory.
• Effectively manage transition of initial sale and installation to the sales team to drive procedural volume and growth.
• Extensive travel
• Achieve quarterly sales targets.
• Work with the da Vinci® Area Sales Director to develop a sales plan for the dSM’s local territory.
• Build surgical advocacy teams at each hospital.
• Develop initial contact and relationship with CEO and senior hospital administrators.
• Organize and manage the sales process.
• Develop knowledge of primary OR procedures.
• Make business case for system purchase.
• Resolve contractual issues and coordinate system installation upon purchase approval.
• Handle all communications and administrative follow-up.
Core Competencies, Skills and Experience Requirements:
• Medical sales experience, Knowledge of the operating room environment• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills• Computer literateQualifications Preferred:• Capital medical equipment sales, key account experience
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.