Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Product Manager, da Vinci Vision and Imaging
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190647
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Intuitive Surgical is the industry pioneer and leader in robotic-assisted surgical systems. Our da Vinci Surgical System is an advanced platform for minimally invasive surgery that has touched the lives of more than six million patients worldwide. Our system acts as a natural extension of a surgeon’s eyes and hands through a combination of cutting-edge robotics, immersive 3D stereoscopic vision, and intuitive human-interface controls. Over the past two decades, this revolutionary technology has brought about a new era in minimally invasive surgery. As we mark our 23rd year, the da Vinci experience continues to evolve in ways to further bring intelligent technologies to the user. Vision and Imaging is a key segment of our portfolio contributing to this evolution. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the team in launching new vision and imaging products to da Vinci customers globally.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Product Manager, da Vinci Vision and Imaging will be responsible for downstream marketing of Intuitive Surgical’s Vision and Imaging technologies as part of current and future da Vinci Systems. This includes executing high-impact product launches worldwide, developing strategies to accelerate adoption and utilization, and working closely with the sales organization and R&D teams to capture user needs to help define the long-term product roadmap.
Product Manager Key Deliverables:
• Develop and execute strategic plans for da Vinci Vision and Imaging technology.
• Work with key opinion leaders in multiple specialties to explore clinical utility, new surgical techniques and expand indications for use.
• Define product claims and regulatory strategy supported by clinical and bench top research.
• Create marketing programs to highlight clinical, operational and economic value of da Vinci Vision and Imaging technology.
• Develop global product commercialization plans and lead cross functional teams to execute high-impact launches.
• Craft and refine key value propositions and product positioning in support of marketing collateral and training materials.
• Provide product expertise and training to sales, surgeons and OR staff.
• Catalog user needs, product feedback and other primary market research to champion long-term product roadmaps across the organization.
• Track competitive products and emerging technology. Identify complementary technology and potential industry partnerships. Position product value against competitive modalities and educate the sales organization on product positioning and differences.
• Product management experience in a therapeutic medical device company. Surgical and/or OR experience highly preferred.
• Minimum 12 or more years of experience as a Product Manager preferred with a history of defining and launching successful products. Clinical Sales and/or Training experience will also be considered.
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or advanced degree is desirable.
• Proven ability to effectively position and message product value.
• Develop strong sales partnerships to drive product/procedure adoption.
• Demonstrated success in building clinical education and marketing programs to drive product growth.
• Capacity to learn new technical skills and build clinical acumen for clear communication across engineering, sales, and clinical organizations.
• Ability to take complex technologies and simplify learning to be understood across a broad customer base.
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively amidst competing priorities to deliver high-impact marketing programs on-time and within budget to support overall marketing strategy and business objectives.
• Superior verbal/written communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills to work across multiple constituents.
• Self-starter with ability to take leadership in an unstructured environment.
• Able to prioritize and smoothly manage multiple tasks.
• Agility to pivot focus to meet evolving sales and customer needs.
• Well versed in MS Office Suite.
• Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time. Some international travel may be required.
• The position is located at Intuitive Surgical Headquarters in Sunnyvale, California.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.