Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: Mexico-Baja California-Mexico-Mexicali
Requisition ID: 190633
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Single point of contact for all manufacturing related matters; will manage and lead all needs, projects and strategies for manufacturing operations in a multi-site plant. This position formulates policies, manages daily operations, and plans the use of materials and human resources.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Effectively manages all plant operations, ensure the operation’s plan compliance with FDA and CE marking directives, productivity, efficiency and effective use of materials.
• Ensure that the monthly Production Schedule is achieve. Will take actions to manage labor efficiency, yields, compliance, WIP levels, and linear flow of output.
• Responsible for the adherence to safety procedures, safety regulations and policies and maintaining security for the entire production area.
• Manages productions managers, training department, IT department and packaging engineering.
• Continuously improve product cost, quality, delivery, and service levels.
• Manages and prioritize resources among competing production departments.
• Effectively manage WIP inventory level and the application of related IT tools.
• Continuously monitor manufacturing waste and implement strategies to mitigate it.
• Ensure the right support given from other departments to accomplish the goals.
• Prepares the annual budget for the production areas and support annual budgeting process for Labor, Expenses, and related Capital.
• Creates the strategic plan for the human and capital resources for operations to meet the goals of objectives.
• Ensures the level of quality of the instruments and accessories that are manufacture and supports the activities of quality improvement as well as the response to the customer satisfaction.
• In coordination with logistics and planning team ensures the supply chain of the manufactured products.
• Standardize manufacturing methods, encouraged and promotes the continuous improvement through the manufacturing’s areas and buildings.
• Establishes communication strategies for manufacturing personnel.
• Supports the NPIs and transfers of product lines to the production areas in conjunction with the support departments.
• Attracts and retain the talent required to support the operation.
• Promotes the organizational culture, maintains an adequate work environment in the production area.
• Establishes in coordination with the general director, objectives, goals and projects for the production area.
• Create a solid communication channel to share the operations results to the Leadership team.
• Ensure all Training records are up to date and that the training program is effective for all Direct Labor personnel.
• Fully bilingual – English and Spanish.
• Bi cultural, experience working in a multinational company.
• BS in Engineering Sciences, BS Business Administration or equivalent, advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum 10 years' experience in high-tech manufacturing and/or medical field with a track record of increasing responsibilities.
• 10 or more years of experience in a leadership role managing managers and above in manufacturing or manufacturing engineering or production planning.
• Experience working in a technically driven product development and manufacturing facility.
• Demonstrated ability to actively engage staff addressing retention and performance issues in a timely manner.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural, multinational environment and mobilize cross-functional high performance teams.
• Strong Lean Manufacturing skills (Certified Green Belt or Higher).
• Must possess computer skills with background with ERP/MRP and DHR systems (prefer SAP) and Microsoft office.
• Strong training and mentoring skills.
• Knowledge of Manufacturing regulations and standards in Mexico, USA, UE etc. (GMP, Cofepris , ISO13485, Etc.) .
• Some knowledge on labor relations and labor laws in Mexico.