Intuitive Surgical Careers
Global Health Economics & Outcomes Research, Real World Evidence Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190618
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary function of position:
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) Real World Evidence (RWE), the Global HEOR Manager develops and leads the evidence based value strategy for post marketed products and/or pipeline assets, via scientific approaches to support global value, marketing and market access strategies with the focus on key global markets for Intuitive (ISI).
• Develops Global HEOR RWE strategic plans and projects that support the value proposition, marketing, and market access especially in Europe and Asia.Qualifications
• Tracks and executes the Global HEOR RWE plan and delivers against goals.
• Initiates and executes RWE studies from conception to publication, including creation of: Study Concept Documents, Protocols, Statistical Analysis & Validation Plans, Sensitivity Analyses, Study Reports, abstracts and manuscripts.
• Conduct analyses of existing data, both independently and in collaboration with clinical affairs, market research, outside vendors and key opinion leaders.
• Manages research projects internally and/or with external health economics vendors, including scientific guidance, contracting, and budgets. Coordinates product and project activities and assures the timelines and deliverables.
• Leads and/or provide inputs to the pre & post-market Global HEOR studies and projects, including clinical and economic outcomes research, Patient Reported Outcomes (PROs), Clinician Reported Outcomes (ClinROs), or patient/clinician preferences (PPs) for interventional trials and observational studies.
• Reviews and critiques medical and evidence-based outcomes literature & statistical analyses.
• Interacts with and presents to multiple departments within ISI including market access, hospital channel, clinical affairs, biostatistics, market research, clinical and product marketing, and publication teams.
• Builds relationships with Key Researchers and Opinion Leaders across stakeholder landscape including Physicians, Providers, Payers, Policy makers & Professional Societies to deliver and reinforce the value message of Robotic-assisted surgery in key clinical areas in Europe and Asia.
• Attend relevant conferences and working groups to represent and deliver the voice of Intuitive Surgical and the medical device industry.
• Master’s degree with 4+ years of experience in: Health Economics, Epidemiology, Outcomes Research or Health Services Research. Emphasis of 4+ more years of experience in: conducting observational research with large database e.g. claims data; global outcomes research including dossier submissions; PRO/HRQOL research including questionnaire design, evaluation, and/or analysis;
• Strong data analytic skills (e.g., SAS, SQL or R) and experience in managing research projects internally and/or with external vendors
• Experience of supporting global data, evidence, marketing, and market access needs.
• Doctorate Degrees and 2+ years of experience in Health Economics, Epidemiology, Outcomes Research, or Health Services Research. Emphasis of 2+ years of experience in: conducting observational research with large database e.g. claims data; global outcomes research including dossier submissions; PRO/HRQOL research including questionnaire design, evaluation, and/or analysis;• Experience of working in bio-tech company(ies) with disruptive technology.• Experience of working with HTAs, professional societies, and Government agencies in Europe or Asia. Familiar with working interest groups and various committees in professional societies and in government agencies. Have in-depth understanding of evidence-based practice and guidelines.• Experience working in a fast-paced environment within a global matrix organization; working with various multi-disciplinary teams.Record of publications in health economics, health services research, epidemiology or clinical journals
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.