Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Production Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190616
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Provide product platform leadership for the achievement of given team performance goals for both the Instruments and Systems Production Lines. The goals will include various metrics including, but not limited to: efficiency, DPU, hours accuracy, scrap, time lost accuracy, and inventory accuracy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Drive cross-functional issue resolutionQualifications
• Facilitate interdepartmental resource allocation
• Proactively recognize environmental changes and provide coordinated direction for mitigation
• Establish aggressive quarterly departmental goals and develop programs to achieve them
• Drive improvements in safety, production, quality, cost, and delivery
• Allocate resources appropriately to achieve departmental objectives
• Work effectively with other departments to ensure that the production area has all necessary inputs in place in order to achieve the desired production outputs
• Report to senior management on the status of the production process, including, but not limited, to capacity, quality, scrap, and safety issues
• Perform periodic capacity analysis in order to support production growth
• Develop leadership personnel within the department in order to enable future departmental and company growth
• Establish and enforce Lean Manufacturing practices within the department
• Write and conduct formal annual performance reviews for staff
• Maintain compliance within the department to all applicable regulatory requirements
• Maintain compliance within the department to company safety policies
• Develop and manage departmental budget
• Develop and lead cross-functional projects including, but not limited to: production line transfers, outsourcing initiatives, process improvements, corrective/preventative actions (CAPA/CPIP)
• Education and/or Experience:
o Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Production Operations Management or related fields.o A minimum 10 years of applicable work experience in a manufacturing environment.o A minimum 3 years of direct supervisory or management experience in a fast-pace environment. Led a team comprised of varying skill sets.o Experience in the medical device industry is preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of Lean manufacturing, DFX, and quality techniques or tools.
• Proficient in the use of personal computers to perform daily work. Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and MRP systems. SAP and Agile experience preferred.
• Superb communication skills, including written and verbal instruction.
• The ideal candidate will have a love for a fast-paced and multi-focused work environment.
• Proficient in developing complex project plans. Familiar in the use of MS Project or equivalent program
• Proficient in developing presentations using MS Power Point or equivalent
• Great attitude, eager, willing/able to take initiative, works well with others in a team environment.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.