Intuitive Surgical Careers
Software Development Engineer – Surgical Robots Manufacturing
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-US-NC-Raleigh
Requisition ID: 190545
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive Surgical designs and manufactures highly sophisticated robotic systems for use in surgery. In this role, you’ll play a key role in enabling the manufacturing engineering team to build and test the daVinci X surgical robot. You will be responsible for improving and sustaining the manufacturing test and diagnostic systems ans SW that assure the performance and safety of the robot. The position will require close collaboration with the product development teams, systems analysts, electrical engineers, manufacturing engineers, IT and quality engineers to develop, sustain and improve coherent test strategy and develop software. This is a systems engineering position with an emphasis on software development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Take ownership of manufacturing test fixtures, software and test system qualityQualifications
• Lead small cross-functional teams to drive projects to completion
• Develop a deep technical understanding of product operation, control and testing algorithms
• Design, document, and qualify test systems and software for use in manufacturing new robotic subsystems
• Work independently to overcome roadblocks with minimum guidance
• Perform root cause analysis and disposition issues on the production line quickly and effectively.
• Provide technical support, including failure analysis, for discrepant product and manufacturing issues.
• Integrate developed SW with HW in a regulated industry.
• Improve the manufacturing test capability through new technology, software and analytics
• Position may initially require up to 25% travel at times, primarily within the US.
• A degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics or similar field relating to robotics and electro-mechanical systems
• Minimum 3 years of experience in applications development, embedded systems, manufacturing engineering / test engineering / diagnostics software
• Experience with design and development of Windows PC or Web user interfaces
• Must be an expert in object-oriented Python
• Demonstrated technical leadership
• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent ability to communicate complex concepts to engineers in different functional areas
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Intellectually curious and passionate
• High emotional intelligence and solid people skills
• Familiarity with Matlab, SQL database• Manufacturing analytics including six sigma and statistical process control (SPC)• Full stack web application development• Web technologies such as HTML, RESTful APIs, JSON, sockets• Experience in medical device manufacturing or regulated engineering environment• Experience developing robotic or electro-mechanical systems, including control systems• Experience working in a manufacturing environment
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.