Intuitive Surgical Careers
Business Process Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190478
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
• Work with Directors of Portfolio Management and NPD (New Product Development) Process and Tools to define, plan, and track business process improvement projects in the PMO and across the company.
• Host/facilitate process execution cycles (monthly/quarterly) for recurring processes such as project planning, resource management, staff forecasting, portfolio analysis and planning, and phase gate decision meetings.
• Define new Portfolio Operations processes, workflows and automation in collaboration with Stakeholders from various Business Units, Finance and HR.
• Develop and lead change management and adoption implementation including training activities for the portfolio processes and assigned projects.
• Facilitate/support cross-functional team activities including maintaining records of business decisions, internal and external communications, and meeting minutes.
• Solicit stakeholder and user feedback to develop new and efficient methods of collecting and displaying business data.
• Create dashboards and reports for business data and metrics using various options within CA PPM (Jaspersoft) or other tools such as Tableau or similar visualization tools.
• Automate workflows and business processes using Excel macros, CA PPM automation jobs (XOG), Tableau, and other methods
• Ensure documentation for design, verification, and validation efforts to support process and tools robustness mandatory for business continuity and validated software compliance.
• Monitor and report data quality status for portfolio processes, milestones, documentation, and deliverables to stakeholders, sponsors, and management.
• Develop plans, project budget, and task definitions for development of tools and enhancements to existing databases in coordination with subject matter experts, IT, and Quality.
• Drive the application development project timelines and manage any changes in scope, schedule, or resource constraints
• Work closely with IT and Document Control teams to ensure compatibility and compliance of final process and tools across the entire enterprise architectures.
• 15+ years of engineering, operations, process and project management experience with 5+ years in medical devices
• Additional specialized training in a discipline such as software, database design, process design, analytics, or project management
• NPD (New Product Development) and NPI (New Product Initiation) experience required
• Experience in Portfolio Management enterprise tools required (CA PPM, Planisware, Planview etc)
• Organizational change management experience including Training delivery required
• Experience in Development of Visualizations of Business data in Tableau or similar tools required (Tableau, Tibco Spotfire, QlikView, Looker)
• Design Transfer and Design Control experience in regulated industries preferred
• Business process mapping experience preferred
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification or similar preferred
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to switch between many different projects quickly
• Passion for creating easy, robust, and reliable tools and processes
• Highly proficient in MS Office, Visio, and enterprise database tools
• Scripting with Visual Basic, Python, SQL, or other scripting languages desired
• Proficiency in data mining from Oracle, Oracle Hyperion and/or SAP desirable (SQL, Postgres, etc) desired
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.