Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Data Analyst
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190467
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Senior Data Analyst will be a senior member for the data analytics team and use technical expertise and a solid understanding of business needs to turn data into useful information. The ideal candidate will have the ability to explore and join disparate sources of data and will be at home interfacing directly with databases (such as Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Transact SQL, and data visualization tools like Tableau.) In this role, the Senior Data Analyst will blend analytic ability with great communication skills and a good understanding of business processes to provide recommendations. This person will also serve as the primary contact for all report validation and documentation related activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Support the data analysis needs for assessing field events and failures.
• Understand underlying processes that generate Product Quality, Complaint, RMA, MDR, and other field data.
• Work with engineers to analyze data to understand part performance, device performance, and field trends
• Ensure consistency and accuracy of data and analysis provided
• Ability to execute deep dives into available data sets to provide insight on field failures and user experience in support of root cause analysis and resolution
• Develop user documentation and a variety of visual representation of data analysis.
• Helps with development and validation of data analysis reports to conform with the Software verification and validation requirements to support a variety of engineering and regulatory teams
• Provide value-added guidance during the design, deployment, maintenance, and retirement of test reports developed using off the shelf (OTS) software. May perform supplemental research to provide options for compliant solutions to barriers encountered during validation activities.
• Modify and execute software test plans to ensure that the device meets product and system requirements
• Analyze and write test designs and procedures
• Establish traceability to requirements and risk mitigations
• Minimum 7 years of data analytics experience required.
• Programming skills and experience, especially for data exploration and presentation to management and other users of data required
• Significant experience with Microsoft SQL and SQL Server Management Studio or equivalent required
• Highly organized with strong prioritization skills required
• Creative problem solver that is able to look at an issue from a variety of angles required
• Ability to work in teams with a great work ethic and an enthusiasm for problem solving and data analysis required
• Medical device, pharmaceutical, aerospace / defense, or other regulated industry highly preferred
• Experience with software and/or report validations with strong knowledge of regulatory compliance pertaining to software validation preferred
• Knowledge of the business of medical device development and manufacture preferred
• Experience and capability using visualization software such as Tableau preferred
• Exceptional ability to multi-task while maintaining tight schedules preferred
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.